Chapter 5

As expected the Alpha tried to fight my decision to leave. Alex caught alot of abuse about 'cheating' on me. News of the redhead had got to the Alpha, as everything always does. He took it well and ignored his father and mine too.

The twins had decided that they wanted to move to a pack that was a few hours away. It was called the  Silver Moon Pack. They said they liked it because it was wooded on one side and the other side was all water. A river, waterfall, lake. They were excited at the idea of riding on a jet ski. Of going cliff diving. Of learning to kayak. Why are they looking at all these extreme sports and activities!?

After a couple weeks of grumbling the Alpha accepted my decision and contacted the Alpha of Silver Moon. They agreed that they needed both a midwife and nurse as their one was quite old and wanted to retire. I would be on a 12 month contract with a 3 month probationary period. So they can kick me out any time in those first 3 months but I couldn't leave for 12 months without being considered rogue.

I was nervous about such a commitment but I'm not looking at moving around. I have two boys that I need to put down roots for, so I agreed. Today we were leaving. Alex was driving up with us so that he could help us move into our new place and to make sure that we would be safe. I know he just wanted to show the Silver Moon Pack that we weren't without protection.

My parents hugged me and the boys tight. My dad apologized for his part in what happened with Alex. I forgave him. Of course I did. He's my dad and you never know what tomorrow will bring. I won't have my last words with my family be words of hate or anger.

My sister's were crying non stop and their mates were looking at me in panic. I laughed and hugged them too. My nieces and nephews were surrounding the twins, everyone making sure that they had each others numbers and social media addresses. This generation were ridiculous.

After saying goodbye to a few more people I see Cathy and her mate standing near my car holding their new pup. She hugs me tight.

"Thank you! I know I wouldn't be standing here holding my pup if it wasn't for you! Stay in touch!?" She asks unsure.

"Of course! I need a picture at the minimum every month. I want to share in every milestone, no matter how far away I am!" I tell her. She smiles hugely and I see the look of thanks her mate sends my way. After a few more hugs and waves goodbye we're finally on the road. Tyler sighs with exaggeration.

"Wow, they were acting like we were going to another dimension or something. I mean, there is Wi-Fi where we're going isn't there?" He asks in sudden panic. Alex shakes his head and laughs. Ryder sighs at his brother.

"Yes Ty, there's Wi-Fi. They're just going to miss us. You can't just cross pack lines because you feel like visiting. You have to ask for permission and wait to be accepted and then organize a day and lots of other things I'm not sure about!" Ryder tells his twin.

"It's like listening to the school Jock and Nerd when these two have a conversation!" Alex says with a smirk and chuckle. I punch him lightly on the arm.

"Hey, don't stereotype or pigeon hole my kids!" I say in mock anger.

We spend the 6 hour drive happily.  The boys sleep for a few hours and Alex and I enjoy each other's company for what will be the last time for a while. We have Kevin and Boyle following us in the moving truck. Nothing big, just our clothes, electronics, bedding etc.

We finally get to the Silver Moon Packs border. We stop while the patrol checks us and our vehicles. They seem nice. We drive through and as we do I can feel the smile stretch on my face. The views are gorgeous. Alex sighs.

"You're never going to come back are you?" He asks me seriously. I give him a gentle smile.

"I'll come to visit! My family and best friend are at Blue Moon!" He parks the car and puts his forehead against mine.