17

Skye's POV

"Ryder, I have a miss Evelyn Goodway here to see you." The nurse said, opening the door. "I need to make sure you know her before I release you to anybody." "Let her in." Ryder just chuckled and rolled his eyes. We all knew who she was. Almost thirty seconds later, Mayor Goodway came running in and wrapped her arms around Ryder, almost squishing me on his lap. "Ryder! Thank God you're okay." She said. "We're all fine, Mayor." Ryder said. Mayor Goodway let go and stood next to the bed. "So you do know her?" The nurse asked.

"Yes, we all do." Ryder told her scratching my ear. "No, wait, wait, little higher." I said. Ryder scratched higher. "Lower, almost there." He moved lower. That's the spot! "Yeah, yeah, right there!" I panted happily and yipped a little. I laughed and rolled over onto my back. He rubbed my belly and I kicked my legs a little. Then he stopped and I got back on all fours.

"Ryder, I'm taking you back to the Lookout now. It's all cleaned up for your return." Mayor Goodway said, gripping her purse handle.

"Can we go home, Ryder?" Chase asked from the room chair.

"Yes, Chase." Ryder said. "We can."

***************************END*************************