15

Rocky's POV

Something's making me itch, and it's not just because I've got dry skin behind my ear. We're all crammed the best we can into Ryder's room. Katie's sleeping on the air mattress, Zuma's sleeping with Ryder, who has bandages on his wrists, Skye and Chase are at the foot of his bed, Rubble is, without a doubt sleeping, he's lying on his back at the end of the air mattress, Marshall's on a pillow next to Katie, and I'm laying here on my pillow with a problem sleeping with the Federal Agents standing right outside the bedroom door. I need SLEEP.

Not even my old ball cap on my head is helping, and it usually does. I got up and dragged the pillow closer to Katie, and layed back down. And then I fell asleep.

***************************

One minute I was dreaming about chasing that stupid squirrel that lives in the oak tree outside, the next I heard door slamming open, making me jump and wake up Katie, Marshall, and Rubble.

"We need to move you all to a different location." One of the agents said. "Gun shots fired at the bottom of the drive." "What?!" Katie shrieked, waking up the rest of us. "What's happening?" Ryder asked when he jumped up, almost knocking Chase off of the end of the bed, a tight grip around Zuma. "We gotta move, now. Forget any belongings for now, they'll be recovered later." The other agent said, slinging his rifle over his shoulder and picking up Rubble to try and get us out of here faster. Ryder and Katie got out of their beds and each grabbed two of us, him grabbing Zuma and Skye, Katie grabbing Chase and Marshall, and the agent grabbing me. The first agent locked his rifle and led us out to a waiting van outside.

Rubble and I got in first, then Chase and Marshall, Katie, Skye, Zuma and- Bam!

"Whyder!" There was blood staining the left shoulder of Ryder's green pajama shirt. The two agents fell to the ground and Ryder put Zuma in the van, and grabbed one of the agents guns and pointed it at the man who shot him.

"I tried to take it easy on you kids, but you're really letting out my beast." It was the same guy who took Chase, shot Zuma and kidnapped Ryder. I started to growl, but Katie pulled me back.

"I heard that the Labrador lived, good for you."

"Who the Hell are you?!" Ryder asked, his left arm shaking from the pain.

"The name's Clyde. And I'm trying to get what I want."

"I don't know what savings account you're talking about, and I honestly don't care. If it was my dad's I don't have it." Ryder took a deep breath. "Just leave us alone."

"A deal's a deal, kid. When you make a deal, you keep it until it's done."

"Even if the other dies?"

"Pretty much."

"Then where does Chase come into this? Where does Zuma getting hurt come into play? Did kidnapping me make any difference? No. We still got away."

"You're just getting in the way."

I heard a gun click, but it wasn't Ryder's. Then there was a loud bang, but Ryder didn't pull the trigger.

"Hey. Kid, put the gun down." Someone said, this voice was new. A lot more nicer than the other mans.

Ryder put the gun down, and a man in body armor came over and put a hand on Ryder's good shoulder. "Are you all alright?" He asked.

We nodded, but Ryder looked dizzy. The agent put his gun away and shook Ryder a little. "Stay awake, kid. I need a medbay on the Southwestern side of the building."

Three other guys came running over with emergency kits and two kept their attention on Ryder, while the other was checking up on us. I was watching them carefully cut Ryder's shirt off and start putting pressure on his shoulder. "We can only slow the blood flow." One of the EMT's said. "He needs to be in the ER if this is going to heal."

As if on cue, an ambulance started to back its way towards the van we were in and the back doors swing open. This is only 60% over. I know it is.