2

"Everything looks fine, Marshall." Katie said, looking at her clipboard. "How did you sleep last night?" "I slept great!" Marshall said, wagging his tail. "Marshall, you slept with Ryder last night." Rubble said. "I still slept fine." "I didn't hear a peep out of him last night." I said, scratching the back of his ear. Katie jotted some stuff down on her clipboard. "Ryder, I just need you sign that you were present at Marshall's 'appointment.'" She said, handing me the clipboard. I took it and clicked the pen open, scribbling my name and handing the packet back to her. "Thank you. But I have just one question." "Shoot," "Did your... you-know-who's... get Marshall and Chase at a adoption center, were they being sold by a local, or were they strays?" "I don't know where they got Marshall, they gave him to me on my birthday, but Chase was a stray." "He was?" "Yeah. He was really small then." "Well, he's got a good home." I smiled.

"Whyder?" Zuma asked, sitting at my feet. "Yeah, Zuma?" "Can we go to the park? If it's okay with Katie for Marshall to go?" I looked at Katie. "I don't see why Marshall can't go," I picked up Zuma, "Sure, we can all go." The pups all barked and howled happily. Zuma licked my cheek. I put him down, and carefully picked up Marshall so we could go. We walked out the door, and went a few blocks down the street to the playground. "Marshall, you wanna play tug toy?" Chase asked when we got there, the tug rope in his mouth. "Yeah!" Marshall said, I could feel his tail wagging. I set him down next to the slide, "Go easy on him, Chase." I said. "I will, Ryder." I smiled at the two, and walked over to the bench Katie was sitting on.

"They're good pups, aren't they?" Katie asked. "They sure are." I said, the smile still on my face. "When did you get Chase and Marshall again?" "I got Marshall for my 7th birthday, about two or three days later I found Chase on my way home from school, he was caught on a vine in a rose bush. I brought him home and I've had him since." "Then the fire broke out." "Yeah, Dad died in the fire, Mom was killed in an ambulance crash about an hour later." "Oh," We were silent for a while.

"About a week after that, I found Zuma almost starved to death in an abandoned home. I immediately brought him home and fed him, at the end of the day he'd climb up into my bed and snuggle with me every other night."

"His way of saying thank you is licks on our cheek and snuggling." "That's how you know it's Zuma, the real Zuma. He was really small like Chase and Marshall. They've grown so much. Then Chase came home with Skye about a month later." "I think Chase has a crush on Skye." "My Chase? No way." "Remember the sea turtles?" "Yeah, so?" "When Alex took off on Zuma's surfboard and you sent Skye to get him down, Chase was worried about Skye." I blinked at her blankly.

"Okay... Um... Anyway, Chase found Skye and brought her home, she fitted in with the other pups as of she's known them since birth. By then the PAW Patrol started. We rescued Rocky when he some how got stuck in an avalanche on Jake's Mountain, I officially adopted him about a week later."

Zuma jumped onto my lap and lied down. "Tired already, Zuma?" I asked. "That slide has too many twists." He said. I chuckled and stroked his head.

"And last came Rubble, he was hanging for his life on a tree branch that was about to go over a cliff near the Look Out tower, Chase and I got him off with Chase's net, we made him part of the PAW Patrol when he helped us rescue Jake. Been a family since then." "If only your parents could see it now." "I wish they could, but I realized at one point that if I hadn't lost them both, I wouldn't have my pups. Zuma would've been a goner, Skye would've been aimlessly lost, we wouldn't have started the Paw Patrol, Rocky would've died from frost bite, Rubble would've fallen, and I wouldn't have my pups all together and I would've been in an orphanage if it weren't for the Mayor."

"A real family." "Yeah," I looked around, all the pups were happy and playing and having fun, I couldn't be more proud to have them.

A/N: What did you guys think of my back story? :-) I read on the website on Nick Jr. that Ryder rescued all the pups, so I thought I'd put it in. I could be wrong about what happened, but I still like the idea. :-)