8

Chase's POV

Katie opened the door to Ryder and Zuma's room. "Are either one of them up yet?" I asked. "I'm afraid not, bud." She said. "Ryder went to bed at 11:30 last night, I kept him up to clean the burn marks off of his face and put bandages on his wrists for those red marks." "They put the rope on him too tight." "The what?" "Nothing." She closed the door and I followed her to an examination room. She lifted me up onto the table. "Wow, you're heavy." She washed her hands and looked at my back. "Where's this cut you told me about?" "Just below my collar." "I'm gonna have to take it off to get a better look at it, that okay?" I nodded and she pulled my black collar over my head. She looked at it. "There's blood on your collar, Chase." "That's what felt wet, it wasn't sweat." "I'll clean this off for you once we get that cut patched up." I nodded and sat down. I felt her run her hands through my fur until she touched that cut, which made we whimper a little, it still hurt to touch. "I guess I found it." She took out her flashlight and shined it on my neck. "Oh, you poor thing. You're lucky you don't need stitches. Another centimeter deep and it would've caused you serious problems." "So I don't need stitches?" "No, it's not that deep for them. I'll wrap a bandage around it and check it in a few hours." She put a pad over the cut and wrapped the bandage around my neck to keep it in place. "I didn't make it that tight so it wouldn't choke you, but just don't run a whole lot or it might fall off." I nodded and she put me back down on the ground. We walked back out to the front room and I sat and played tug rope with Marshall for a while while Katie cleaned my collar, taking the tag off and putting it in her jean pocket.

30. MINUTES. LATER. (SpongeBob Narrator Voice Again)

Ryder came running out into the room in his clothes from yesterday. "Katie," He said. "He's waking up." "He is?!" Katie jumped over the desk and ran into Zuma's room, Marshall and I moving as fast as we could to keep up. We caught up to them and Katie and Ryder were already on both side's of Zuma. "What happened?" Katie asked. "I was just sitting there, hanging onto his paw, then I felt him squeeze my hand." Marshall and I looked at each other. "He's coming out of the coma..."