6 (Continued)

Skye's POV

"What's taking Zuma so long?" Rubble asked. "I don't know." I said. I heard a loud bang echo from the Look Out tower. "Zuma?!" Rocky shouted. "Come on!" Rocky and I ran to the Look Out and up to Ryder's room and through the pup door. There lying on the floor, whimpering with tears in his eyes, Zuma was on the floor, bleeding like crazy. "Rocky! Get a towel!" I yelled.

I ran to Ryder's dirty clothes basket and dug out his old bath towel. I dragged it to Zuma and put on top of his body and put pressure on it with my two front paws. "What happened?!" I shrieked. "The same guy can back and took Whyder." Zuma said, trying to sit up. "No, stay down." I turned on the Com in my tag. "Rubble!" 'Right here, Skye.' "Run to Katie's and tell her to get over here, fast." 'What happened?' "Less talking, more doing Rubble! Zuma's hurt!" 'I'm on it!'

Rocky came running back into the room with a large stack of towels. "If we need anymore I've got a whole bunch of them." He said, shaking off the pile and using his pinchers to grab one. I pulled the old towel off and Rocky put the new one on. I put pressure on it and prayed that Katie would be walking through that door right now.

Rocky put his pinchers away and held onto Zuma's paw. "You're gonna be okay, Zuma" he said "I know, dude" Zuma said with a small smile on his face "Everypup's getting hurt this week" I mused. First Marshall breaks his leg, then Chase gets pupnapped, now Ryder's missing and Zuma got shot in his shoulder. What's next?!

"No kidding" Rocky said. Katie and Rubble came bursting into the room with a medical kit "You guys are having a bad week." She said. "Ya think?!" I said. We moved out of the way so Katie could take care of Zuma. "You have a bullet wound, Zuma." She said. "I know!" "You're lucky it didn't land any farther or it would've been fatal." "Is he gonna be okay, Katie?" I asked. "He'll be fine, Skye. I need him to stay with me for a few days until I know the wound is healed." "But we still need to find Whyder!" "I'm sure the other pups will do the best they can to find him, you are in no condition to do it. Rocky, can you hand me a towel please?" Rocky got his pinchers back out and picked up a towel. Katie took it and layed it out flat, and she carefully pulled Zuma onto the towel and wrapped him in it. "Try not to move." She said, carefully picking him up and cradling him in her arms.

"Have you pups eaten yet?" "No," I answered. As if on cue, my stomach growled. "Why don't you pups come on back with me? I'll give you breakfast." "How are we gonna get Marshall over there without hurting his leg?" Rubble asked.

Katie's POV

"I can't carry him because Zuma's too hurt to cram both of them together." I said. "Why don't we call Mr. Porter and Alex? They can help." Rocky suggested. "Great idea, Rocky!" I said, taking out my cell phone and dialing the number for Mr. Porter.

"Hello?" "Hi Mr. Porter, it's Katie." "Oh hi Katie! How are you?" "I'm fine, the pups aren't." "Are they okay?" "Um... 3 out six are fine, just a little traumatized." "What happened?" "Well, yesterday Marshall broke his leg and is in a cast. On the same day, Chase ended up getting himself pupnapped and we can't find him. Now I'm over here and Zuma was shot in his shoulder with a bullet, I'm gonna need some help." 'Is Zuma okay?" "He's bleeding out but not at a dangerous rate, I still have to take him back to the clinic and patch him up. I have him wrapped in a towel until I can get a good look at his wound." "Bad week for the Paw Patrol." No kidding." "Alex and I will be glad to help. We'll be over to the look out in no time." "Thanks, and hurry." I hung up the phone and shoved it in the back pocket of my jeans. "Let's head outside. I think Marshall would want to know what's going on." We walked outside and Marshall almost jumped when he saw me and Zuma.

"Oh my pup! Zuma! Is he okay?!" I looked at Zuma and scratched behind his ear. "Zuma," "Huh?" "I need you to try to stay awake for me, buddy. Okay?" "Okay, sorry." "That's alright. I called Mr. Porter. He'll be over here soon and we'll get you patched up." He gave me a small smile. I kept scratching his ear as I looked for Mr. Porter's van. Instead Alex and Mr. Porter came running up the drive on foot.

"Where's the van?" I asked. "At the clinic." Mr Porter said, catching his breath. "Now, who do I have to carry?" "I need you to carry Marshall for me please. I've got Zuma." He nodded and carefully picked up Marshall. "What can I do, Katie?" Alex asked. "Can you carry the pups' food bowls over for me, please?" "You got it!" Alex smiled and ran around the whole Look Out for the bowls. When he got them all we walked down the road to the clinic and I got straight to work on Zuma.

I hooked him up to a heart monitor to make sure he was still alive because he was sleeping, the poor thing couldn't hold out anymore. I took some tweezers and managed to get the whole bullet out in one piece. I wrapped his arm in a bandage and put an orange heart shaped sticker on it. I pulled the blanket over him, kissed his forehead and stroked it a few times. He's a strong pup, just like Ryder is a strong person. It's obvious where he gets it from. I turned off the main light, turned on the nightlight, left the room and closed the door. I walked out to the main room and turned on the monitor that showed Zuma's heart rate.

"Is Zuma gonna be okay?" Alex asked. "He'll be fine, Alex. Zuma's a strong pup."

After I fed the pups we all sat around watching the monitor. Zuma's rate hasn't changed all day, which is probably a good thing. It was a long beep once, as if his heart stopped, but it was a false alarm. The cord fell off of the computer. And I reached a milestone: My first terror sweat. Yay...

Near the end of the day:

Still Katie POV

I went to give the pups their dinner and go and see if Zuma had woken up yet. He still hadn't, and it honestly kind of scares me. He's been asleep for over 12 hours. I hope he's at least trying to wake up.

Anybody have an idea for a title? We seriously need one. If you have an idea message it to me please, thanks! :-)