14

Chase's POV

"The air mattress is all blown up, Ryder." Rocky said, putting the pump back into his pup house. "Great!" Ryder took the mattress and dragged it into the Look Out. "I can't believe we have to sleep inside tonight." Skye said, dragging her sleeping bag out of her pup house. "There's supposed to be a meteor shower tonight." She frowned. "It only comes once a year." "Don't worry, Skye." I said. "We'll get to see it next year." "Yeah, and there'll be no crazy agents following us like they're stalkers." Marshall added. "No offense." He nodded to the Agent standing behind him. "Hey! Marshall! You're walking!" Rocky exclaimed. "I am?!" Marshall looked down at himself. "Holy pup! I am!" He exclaimed. "Yay!" Skye did a back flip. Ryder came walking outside. "Ryder! Look! I'm walking!" Marshall said, smiling. "That's great, Marshall!" Ryder said, bending down and giving him an ear scratch. "I think your leg is healed up now." Ryder winked at him. "It is?" "I'm not an expert, I think Katie should look at it to be sure." "Where is she?" "She at the clinic. She's packing a bag of clothes since she'll be staying with us for a few days."

The black Dodge Charger came up the drive and stopped. Katie got out of the back seat with Cali and a large suitcase. Ryder took the suitcase and lugged it to his room. "Katie! Katie!" Marshall exclaimed, running over to her. "Marshall! Now you're running!" I hollered. "I think my leg is all better!" Marshall said, wagging his tail and barking. "It looks like it is, Marshall." Katie said, putting down Cali. "I'll take a look at it after dinner." Marshall smiled and ran over to me. "Can you believe it, Chase?" He asked. "Ryder said my cast isn't supposed to come off for another week!" "That's great, Marshall!" I said. "Pretty soon we can play with the soccer ball again!" "Yeah!" We started to play fight, and we flopped on our backs and laughed.

Time Skip

"It's official, Marshall." Katie said. "You're cast can come off!" "Yes, yes, yes!" Marshall barked and howled happily. Katie took her tiny same and cut the cast off. Marshall started to jump around and bark and wag his tail at the same time. "Come on, Chase!" He said. "Let's go play!" I followed him outside and we played soccer with the other pups until it was time for bed.