Contacts

"I'm going to meet those who call themselves vicious."

-Lena B.

═────────────────────────────────────────═

My name is Lena, I was born in Rhanius, Kralmen, a little before the war. My mother raised me with the ancient skills of the Masuru people. When I grew up, I decided to become an infiltrator and moved to the Blue Country.

But I remember the times when I was a little girl, everyone was afraid of the destruction the war.

Lena: Mother, why do people fight like that?

Ekaterina: Lena, people want power. Power they don't have, so they put it into those weapons...

Lena: Like your staff?

Ekaterina: Yes, but promise me, Lena, promise me you will never touch those weapons. You should not... There are awful things within them.

Lena: I will never do something like that, mother...

The powerful weapons man created to fight were the same that killed them. It was all Tyrone's diabolic plan since the beginning. Even the smartest men in this world succumbed to it: Viktor Chernikov, Zhoe-Tsung Weh, Flame Pixel, and even her... My mother...

I miss you, my old Ekaterina.

I still keep my promise to you, however... It won't be an easy task.

═────────────────────────────────────────═

I have lived in Pyramid city since then, the deep south of the 13 kingdoms, almost reaching Shore State. I trained my combat, I got a good side job, and still trained. I wait for the day my mother always told me about, the promised day.

And it has come.

*Phone rings. (oh, someone from the old country, I bet it is Lenin)

Lena: Sveiki!

Sven: Привет лена.

Oh, Gamova... I love her accent. She's a contact from Mescaua. Sorry, I will translate the rest.

Lena: Hey, Sven.

Sven: Listen, We're concerned about the situation of the Blues.

Well, I forgot to mention, but you probably already know. Aliens are invading our world, their leader is called the Runner, and they seem to be a threat.

Maybe they want the weapons my mother swore never to seek. Or maybe, and that's the great deal, they want something else...

Sven: I got some information with Mr. Maybe up in New Spark City. He was able to track the portals aliens came from.

Lena: Portals? Are they Elementalists?

Sven: No, the portals were made of mana, they probably came from a Curtisan world, they are spreaded everywhere through the country.

Lena: Are they hostile?

Sven: This is the most interesting part. Some are hostile, some are extremely peaceful, others showed coward behavior. They don't seem to be following the same tactics everywhere.

Lena: What about their leader, The Runner?

Sven: We don't know who or where he is. But all the aliens talk about him, and he is praised as a king.

Lena: We need to find him, see what he is up to.

Sven: So, last year I've met a group called the Vicious, they worked for Mr. Maybe in NSC, they raided the oil rigs and killed Alt-right leaders.

Lena: Hmph... I heard about them.

Sven: I will arrange a meeting with you. They will represent us in the frontlines. While the old men cannot fight anymore.

Lena: I understood.

Sven: There's also someone else you'd like to meet. Duke Amsterdam.

Lena: Royals? I don't like them much...

Sven: They're no royals. He contacted me, they claim to have a backstory on the aliens, it involves the source and all.

Lena: Great, Should I meet them first?

Sven: Not really, they're currently at Queen's Isle. This is something to be thought of later.

Lena: Alright.

Sven: If you need anything, I will provide you with information. I'm sorry I cannot join you.

Lena: It's ok Sven... I know you still miss the boy...

Sven: Hey! I got serious things going on, ok? You focus on your job and I focus on mine!

Hahaha! She sure does.

So, I was set to meet the Vicious, I wonder if they would be useful, or if they will die in the first battle. As it happens almost every time.

I have to take a train to the countryside, specifically to the border of the Boot Kingdom. I better get some new arrows and check my bow...

*Phone rings.

Oh, this is interesting...