Imminent Conflict

"Wait, you wanna go to the Shadow?"

-Jerry

═────────────────────────────────────────═

Me and the boys were in a firetruck with 2 aliens heading to the countryside. I know that's insane but you know this boy Jerry, I am always doing crazy things just for the sake of it.

Frosty: So, where is this place you're heading to?

Mr. Smith: It's a ranch, located in here.

He then pointed on the map he had with him.

Frosty: That's almost in the border with Silver Empire.

Runner: Oh you got empires too?

Viktor: Not really, there used to be though, but then they founded a big country uniting all the kingdoms together.

Jerry: Now we're just a big mess! HA!

Runner: Oh I got a message. It's from Ken.

Mr. Smith: What did he say?

Runner looked worried, he shouldn't be, as he drank some of my good juice.

Runner: They got attacked.

Mr. Smith: What?

Frosty: Are they ok?

Runner: Ken is ok but they got some of our guys down, maybe they will come after us.

Jerry: Who are they?

Mr. Smith: Possibly who Mr. Mason talked about, the powerful people in this world. They might think we are a threat to them.

Viktor: What did my father say?

Mr. Smith: I was referring to you, Viktor.

Runner: Ok, change of plans, we're meeting Ken and we're getting into a shortcut.

Frosty: Shortcut?

I wonder if Runner actually knew where shortcuts were. I know he's got maps and plans, but... the country is really big.

Frosty pulled the car and we got out, we went to hide in the woods just in case the military wanted to look for us.

═────────────────────────────────────────═

Viktor: What's this noise?

Jerry: Possibly our new friends, look!

Runner: If it isn't good old masked Ken!!

There were big mushrooms, they had scary faces and were insanely big, their leader was this dude called masked Ken, he had a mask drawn in his face.

Ken: Runner, I'm glad you're ok brother...

Jerry: Look a giant mushroom! That's cool!

Ken: Hey, stay back!

Runner: Easy, Ken, they are here to help. Remember Mr. Mason? That's his son!

Viktor: Why are you so worried?

Ken: Runner, I don't trust these humans, they attacked us! They got weapons! I believe we got power to strike back.

Mr. Smith: Ken, don't waste our potential, we need to keep our mana up for when we confront the Threat.

Ken: We got plenty of manafire, I'm sure we can de...

Runner: Oi, we're not doing it, Ken. You Knew what this was about when you accepted to come with us. So, we're not attacking the other races, we will only defend ourselves, have I been clear?

Ken: But... runn... The conflict is imminent!

Runner: AM I CLEAR, KEN?

Frosty: Gentlemen, we don't actually need to be angry, I think...

Ken: Yes, boss, but I'm afraid our route is compromised, their army is after us.

Runner: Oh that's great, I presume you attacked them!

Ken: I was defending myself!

Runner: Enough! I've had enough, Ken. I don't wanna hear about this subject anymore. Tell you what, you will take the route we were going and distract them.

Mr. Smith: What about us?

Jerry: We can take another road, I guess.

Runner: Indeed. We're getting a shortcut through the bin.

Viktor: The bin?

Mr. Smith: Yes, it's a parallel world, with quarantine units, we've been told that travelling there is quicker.

Wait... Oh no.

Frosty: Are you talking about The Shadow?

Mr. Smith: So that's how you call it, let's go!

Runner: You and your division are dismissed, ken.

Ken: We better get going. Cya at the ranch.

Jerry: See you, mushroom head!

And he gone away, but we were kinda of afraid of jumping into the shadow.

Frosty: Listen Mr. Runner, the shadow is a doomed place, there are demons and corrupted beings, if we get there, they will want to kill us.

Runner: I can deal with them.

Frosty: No, you can't, the nightmare is an ascended creature. We can't deal with them, it's better to deal with the army here.

Runner: Oh, I just wanted to distract Ken, ok. We're supposed to get to this Shadow anyways.

Viktor: But, you don't understand, if we find this nightmare, we have to run.

Runner: Running is something I'm best at, I'm the fastest thing alive you know!

Jerry: Really? You're not even blue!

Mr. Smith: What do you mean by that?

Jerry: Uhh, never mind.

Viktor: Wait, could you actually defeat a nightmare? I suppose the Threat we're looking for could be even stronger than it.

Runner: Yes, I could try! I myse...

Mr. Smith: Runner, you know you can't just yet, he needs to ascend in order to do so, and ascension is currently disabled in this world.

Frosty: What? How do you know?

Viktor: What is the point of being here then? If he can't ascend, he won't be able to do anything...

Mr. Smith: That's why we're going to the stealers institute, they got the answer.

So, the sneaky stealers knew how to enable the ascension rituals, I wonder how Runner would look like when he ascends.

Well later that night, Smith got some forbidden stones out of his magic pockets and made a portal to the shadow. We were pretty much afraid of going there, but we had to do it.

Viktor: I hope I don't regret this...

Runner: You won't haha, it will be a piece of cake!

Frosty: We will see...