Alien Invasion

"What? We're being invaded?"

-Daniel

═────────────────────────────────────────═

My mind was heavy these last months, I've had recently joined the army hoping to recover from the amnesia I had. I wanted to search the files, to find information about who I was, what I did, what really happened 26 years ago in that core explosion.

However, the military had other plans, Skinny always supported my recovery, even giving me pills to help me remember more stuff, but he never talked about the source, or anything subject related, he preferred to give veterans medals, and give speeches about how our peace was kept, and how sacred it was for the country.

That didn't stop me or Elvira to look for the answers ourselves. I always reunited with the other generals of the army, specially Al-Sahli, and talked about the Source, he had revealed me some secrets about it but nothing too related to my past and Elvira's.

Al-Sahli: Daniel, come here for a second, you got some spare time?

Daniel: I do, Tails, no problem.

And we entered his room.

Tails: I was just talking with General Kaido about safety and security.

Kaido: Daniel, the core man! Listen, we got big plans.

Daniel: Really? What is it then?

Tails: We're going to the source.

Kaido: HAHAHA Please, Tails, don't confuse poor Daniel.

Tails: Now seriously, Daniel. I got some more stuff you might be interested in reading.

Then he showed me some books, but they weren't really related to me. At least not until then.

Kaido: I didn't have time to tell you, Daniel. How much your work is important to the country, even back then in the Source...

Tails: What's wrong, Daniel? You seem to be a little under the weather today.

Daniel: There is something bothering me, Skinny doesn't let me have any room for studying the subject Source, I don't have any access to files. I know I cannot reach Top secret stuff, but I just want to get to basic stuff.

Kaido: Hmm, from what I know, there are just few things Skinny allows in this aspect. He can be really recluse for the country's security. Go see me later in my room, we can get through this.

I didn't know much about General Kaido, but if she was willing to help me, why would I refuse?

═────────────────────────────────────────═

I was gonna tell Elvira about her but, Skinny arranged a meeting with us, and it was about some suspicious activity around the country.

There Again, when I talked about the Source, he seemed pretty mad. But ok, I think I don't need to always rely on him any longer. After the meeting I was gonna set things up, and I was sure Elvira would help me.

It was when the worst happened.

Skinny: Hey come on you 2 we need to go!

Elvira: What is wrong?

Skinny: Get your weapons ready, I will tell you in the way.

We ran, I opened a suitcase full of arrows for my bow, but I wonder what kind of operation would need that power.

Then we left the building and took a car, on it there was me, Elvira, Skinny, a driver and Another army member Major McKeen.

Elvira: So...

Skinny: Listen to this.

And he opened an audio on his phone.

"The country is under attack! Aliens will come in portals, they come from Arkmaster's. They killed Davis and Bane. They call their leader Runner."

Daniel: What?

McKeen: Context, general?

Skinny: Earlier today the army found out on our radars a lot of black dots around the country...

Daniel: Aliens? From Curtis?

Elvira: Is that Lorodog's voice?

Skinny: He's probably dead by now. We're heading to that power plant now in order to strike.

Elvira: How do you know they're attacking the whole country?

Skinny: The portals are everywhere, I've already sent a message to other Military bases, we are 100% alert.

═────────────────────────────────────────═

Aliens? I know it's not the first time our weak world get invaded by aliens, we humanoids themselves came from other dimension millennials ago, luckily the House Master didn't attempt to ban us and here we are among the others.

I wonder how these aliens came here...

"The portal will be our future... We are going to the Curtis..."

Sasha... you did know about this all...

Elvira: Daniel? Are you ok? Come, we need to move.

Daniel: Oh, sorry...

We arrived by the power plant south of town, and for our shock, the aliens were waiting for us, there were 5 of them near a bridge by a river.

Skinny: Who are you?

Mushroom alien: Hello Little Humans, we come in peace...

Skinny: Peace? I have proof you killed one of us, tell me, why are you here?

Mushroom alien: Hey, easy ok. We are just going to our "source" ok?

Daniel: Source?

Mushroom alien: Stealers Institute. Do you know where it is?

I was personally curious about what they would do at the Source, but Skinny, he was furious.

Skinny: You're not going anywhere, this world belongs to the House Master, and the blue army won't let you get away with this...

Mushroom alien: Well, too bad then. Mesmer, it's up to you.

Mesmer seemed to be a big mushroom tank with spore gatling guns.

Elvira: What?

McKeen: They're gonna attack us!

Skinny: Fire! Fire!

We took cover behind the car before it exploded, Elvira took Mesmer out, but the others managed to run into the woods.

McKenn: Let's get the others!

Skinny: Hold, there might be more of them.

Elvira: What are we gonna do then?

Skinny then just lowered his head, and he punched the ground infuriatedly. He then cursed.

Skinny: Damn! Why this now!?