Hey Tails!

"The Source has the answers."

-Daniel

═────────────────────────────────────────═

Elvira: Hello! Anyone in there?

Daniel: Anyone at home?!

Then we heard someone:

"Just a moment please!"

After a minute or so, he opened the door for us.

Doctor: If it isn't my favorite soldiers!

Elvira: Heey doc! How are you?

Daniel: Doctor! Glad to see you again.

The old Army Doctor, a person who's seen the country's ups and downs through history. He was the one who brought Elvira back to life. He also had me out of a coma last year.

Me and Elvira owned this man our lives. We are always happy to visit him at his home by the Military Retirement Village.

Doctor: Well, I'm actually doing great! But you... I heard you've been through a lot lately huh?

Elvira: Yes doc, you seen in the news, those aliens.

Daniel: Until yesterday we thought we would enter another war.

Doctor: Yeah, yeah. Tails told me about it, tell them Tails.

Tails: Hey hey! You two, I wanted to see you...

Tails? I didn't know he was here. Well, he's cool, he was always happy to help us too.

Elvira: How're ya doing, Sahli?

Tails: To be honest I was kinda afraid 'cause of our current situation. To tell the truth, if I was on Skinny's shoes I'd probably already lost all my hair.

Doctor: Yep, it is complicated. It is always a big tension when aliens come visit us. It happened before.

Daniel: Have you seen another invasion like this?

Doctor: Hahaha! Not in person. However, a long time ago, you guys didn't even think of existing, and neither your parents and grandparents.

Elvira: Oh, I didn't know. Tell us about it, doc!

Tails: I think I've seen it in a book, story of aborigens, right?

Doctor: That's for sure. I believe 900 years ago or so, some aliens landed on Goroobaloo Island, Red Country.

Daniel: What happened there? Was there a war?

Doctor: Not really. The species known as the Fivelings came in peace and brought some unknown knowledge to us humans and other species. However, it was later found out they wanted to make a slavery society where stars would be treated as beehive workers. So their leaders ended up being killed, and others decided to leave the House forever.

Elvira: Wow, what a story, I might have heard this before.

Doctor: Yep, they say you can still find them lying inside Goroobaloo's desert caves.

Tails: That would make a great adventure.

When aliens come to our world, we never know what is to come. This time, it wouldn't be different.

Daniel: I don't know Doc. We don't actually know how powerful they are.

Doctor: They're not even close to our species I can assure you.

Tails: I don't know Doc...

Doctor: House wouldn't allow.

Tails: House doesn't care, he never did.

Doctor: That's true. But you know sneaky Tyrone, every time he comes, he tries to mess around and ends up getting things messed up. So, what House does, he just doesn't allow it, he resets it, he put things in the shadow. It seems he doesn't care, but anything that can destroy this world will be stopped by his own hands.

Daniel: Is this why the government didn't set up a straight conflict?

Tails: Not exactly. And that's what I want to talk to you.

Elvira: Say it then.

Tails: Skinny, I don't know what he is planning, but it is certainly much more than what he told you.

Elvira: Are you saying there is some kind of conspiracy?

Tails: I'm not saying anything, I'm just telling you, you know you two will be chosen to group with him and find their leader, the Runner. And he said he wants to "talk".

Doctor: Come on Tails, you're sounding like Skinny is the villain. Hahaha!

Tails: Oh, just look at this, you know what this place is?

He showed a map.

Elvira: I don't know, another world?

Daniel: That's the Source.

Tails: It looks like the aliens are converging to a point in our world, and that would be a pointless farmsland near the Lakes' border.

Elvira: What does the Source have to do with this?

Tails: Well, if you use the same coordinates in the Source map, that is the big metropolis of Agnis Aguna.

Doctor: Sneaky rats! The Stealers Institute!

Daniel: We're going to the Source again, aren't we?

Tails: I cannot promise you this, Daniel. It might be too dangerous. But... If the aliens are to meet with the Stealers, so will we.

Elvira: What is so special about them?

Tails: They are the...

Doctor: Hey Tails! Come on man, let's not get a conspiracy on here. I'm sure our soldiers are capable enough to...

Elvira: No, say it, what you were gonna say?

Tails: They are researchers, they know a lot about our world, I'd say more than we do. Even centuries ago they were known as the brain of this dimension. I fear the aliens are after this knowledge.

Daniel: Holy lord of the earth.

If they are. The things they could possibly discover would be an even bigger threat.