Chapter 24 • Harley Mary

Start from the beginning

           "Miss me?" he teases.

           "I need to ask you a favor," I say without even bothering for an introduction. I notice that and of course, so does he but he isn't offended or anything.

           "Anything, Harley," he replies eagerly and then his face shifts. I know exactly what he's about to say next. "You know I love you as a friend and all but if it means I have to——"

           "I'm not stupid, Clarke. I won't do that to you," I snap at him and he shoots his hands up in the air, surrendering.

           "What is it then?"

           "I need you to get the jacket Allison borrowed to me," I say and his face frowns.

           I bet he's already thinking of possible ways to make Allison return that jacket to me. That girl is the sweetest when she likes you but she is nasty as hell when she's a bitch. Clarke sometimes want to strangle her everytime she gets all bossy on people she doesn't like.

           "I'll see what I can do," he says and then turns his back to me as he waves his hand in goodbye. No need for explanation or any more convincing words. He just went off.

           Guess I'm very lucky with people.

           I walk back to where I left my teammates who are probably looking or waiting for me. When I reach the door, I hear voices from known people speaking and conversing with each other.

           I was told by my parents that it's bad to eavesdrop but then again, I grew up with my brothers who had such good influence on me. Eavesdropping is never a crime to them. It's actually entertainment.

           "I must admit, I'm expecting this to happen," Kurt proudly says.

           "Look, we are not here to feed your oversize ego. They're asking you nicely," Grayson says and I kind of want to high-five him later for saying that to him.

           "I'm guessing you're the boyfriend," Kurt says and with that, I hide myself behind the double doors, wanting to listen more.

           This is new. Ever since last night, I've been fetching for informations. I never do that. I stopped doing that. But this time, it's different. I feel like my whole life is at stake here.

           "Just answer the question, Kurt," Austin says, his voice evidently annoyed and in rush. I guess he's anticipating that I might walk-in on them.

           "And you are the bestfriend," Kurt's tone is mocking. 

           "Come on, guys. He clearly doesn't know our Harley. Besides, we're the ones who know her from her petals to her roots. Let's just go before she sees us," Bridget interjects. I know it's only a part of her ploy to make Kurt spill his guts. My girl is a genius.

           Kurt scoffs and I can already see confettis showering over Bridget's head. She just won a battle against a very gullible person. How rewarding.

           "You just think you do," Kurt says.

           "Really? You'll argue with us who spent all our lives with her and you just spent what, two?" Jace replies, obviously jumping on the train Bridget is driving.

           "Yeah, but I know her with who she is now. Do you?" Kurt asks and everyone are dead silent.

           I am more interested with how Kurt is going to describe to the people who has seen the old Harley so I lean closer to the half-closed door and steady my breathing. Of course, I don't want to be caught. Imagine the stain in the reputation of the girl who never gave a damn about everything and now she's eavesdropping?