Chapter 22 Messages

Gavins Pov

Before my last lesson I get a message from Malek.

Malek: Yo G.A ma sweet lil' cousin, I got it all fixed for ya. Just make sure your lil' wifey goes to the match that will be held on Saturday. The coach from the team he likes will be there. Okay?

Gavin: Okay, thanks M.J I owe you one.

Now I just need to convince Oliver to meet up with his teammates before Saturday, which will be hard.. I need to convince him that his teammates don't hate him and are actually worried. I'm sure they've sent him messages.

After the last lesson we go to my house. We walk up to my room and sit on the edge of my bed.

Oliver: It wasn't actually that bad at school.. I'm even surprised that people like Samir and Alex were concerned.

Gavin: Oliver, everyone has been worried about you, I'm sure even your teammates are.

Oliver: What, NO. I'm sure they hate me by now and want me out of the team! I ruined so many people's opportunities.

Gavin: Don't be so harsh on yourself. Y..

Oliver: Gavin, I don't want to talk about this right now..

I move closer to him and wrap my arm around his shoulder pulling him even closer, laying my head on his. I try to talk to him in a softer voice.

Gavin: Oliver, I don't want to annoy you with this, but I know football is something important to you and that is why I'm doing this. Have you at least checked if they've sent any messages to you?

Oliver: No.. I turned my phone off because I didn't want to hear from anyone and especially not my teammates. I don't want to see what they have to say after what happened.

Gavin: I know you're afraid of what they might say, but you have to face it someday. We can look at them together if it makes you feel better. When you feel ready of course.

Oliver looks at me with a sad smile and hugs me, burying his head into chest.

Oliver: Thank you Gavin.