Chapter 5 After school

Olivers Pov

Teacher: Okay, that was the last round. You can put back the tables and sit. I'll go through what we'll be doing for the rest of the day.

We do what we're told and then we get to know the rest of today's plans. Then it's finally time for lunch.

I sit with a group of guys who seem to be nice. To my surprise, Gavin is also sitting here. He's busy talking with Samir so he doesn't notice me until one of the guys, Alex starts talking to me. We make eye contact and he smiles before he returns to his conversation with Samir.

Throughout lunch, I speak to a group guys without saying a single word to Gavin, who is talking to another group. Although we agreed that we would continue talking after the "speed dating", we didn't talk for the rest of the day. Instead, we hung out with different people.

As soon as I get home, I lay down on the bed. I'd better sleep a bit before doing anything else. There's a lot I need to think about. Also, I'm crazy tired and need sleep.

Gavins Pov

The first day of school is over. I open the door to my room and lay down on the bed. I still can't believe Oliver and I've started in the same class. Just that we go to the same school is shocking.

Oliver... His appearance has changed a bit since I last saw him. He's blonde and he's got side cuts like mine but his middle part is a bit shorter than mine. I usually flip my hair back but he puts it to the side. He's got hazel brown eyes. He also got his left ear pierced. Never thought he'd do that..

While I think further, my phone rings, so I answer the call..

Gavin: Hi mom.

G.Mom: Hi sweetheart<3 How was your first day in high school? Did you make any new friends?

Gavin: It was alright. Can you guess who's in my class?

G.Mom: Who? Is it someone I know?

Gavin: Yeaaah, It's Oliver, do you remember him?

G.Mom: Of course I do sweetie, you two were like glued together hahah, I miss him. How is he?

Gavin: I don't know... I guess he's fine, we didn't talk much.

G.Mom: Oh, but you'll surely get more time to talk.

Gavin: Yeah, I guess... So how's work? When will you be coming back?

G.mom: We have a lot to do, but it's manageable. We will be able to come home around next weekend.

Gavin: Okay. Good luck with the project!

G.Mom: Thank you darling, I have to go now, they're calling for me. See you later sweetie.

Gavin: Bye mom.