Chapter 14 Match

Olivers Pov

I wake up to someone knocking on my bedroom door. Mom opens the door.

O.mom: Hey, it's about time you get out of bed. You've slept far more than enough. You haven't forgotten that it's an important day for you today, right? Come on, hurry up now or else you'll be late.

I stretch and leave the bed. Mom's right, today's an important day that I've been looking forward to for a long time. It's because I'll be playing against the team I look up to. It's the team that made me want to play football.

On this match, their coach will be looking for new potential players. Apparently someone recommended him to take a look at our team. Everyone in my team has been telling me in the past week that they will miss me when I leave the team, even though nothing has been decided yet. That's because they think it's obvious that I'll be one of those who get chosen.

If it weren't for what happened with Gavin I'd probably already be in the car, exited for the coming match.

Gavin would probably have been with, supporting me. But because of what happened, I haven't been feeling well throughout Friday and Saturday.

Still now, on Sunday, I'm not feeling any better. I just can't stop thinking about what happened and it's breaking me.

I feel so horrible and guilty. I'd do anything to turn back time and then I'd straight out tell him... but instead I once again ruined our friendship... I really can't concentrate, why did the match have to be this week?

When I have everything I need I lock the door and sit in the car with the rest of the family. Usually it's just mom that drives me to the matches but because today is a special day, the entire family is going.

The trip takes 3 hours and most of the time I'm staring out the window, but sometimes I'll listen to the family's discussions.

I walk out of the car and I hear a last "Good luck!" from them. I nod and close the car door. Then I walk up to my team. Everyone looks very nervous.

Before I get the chance to say anything, someone puts their hands on my shoulders and turns me around. It's the coach, he looks determined at me.

Coach: Oliver, today you gotta give it your all. I know you've been looking forward to this. Even though it will feel a bit empty without you, I want you to know that I'll always support you!

Oliver: Mmh, Thanks.

Coach: Hey, what's up with that attitude? Did something happen? Do you have pain somewhere? Or is it that you'll miss me~.

The coach raises his eyebrow and hits my arm lightly. The coach has always been there for me when it comes to football, he was the only one except Gavin that believed in me when no one else did.

Oliver: Nahh, I'm fine. Just a bit nervous you know.

Coach: Okay, if there's something, you know you can always tell me.

The coach let's go of my shoulders and gathers the team.

Coach: Okay, like you all know, in a few minutes you'll be playing one of the most important games. I'll go trough our strategy one last time, so listen up now. It's important that you don't get too nervous and...

That was everything! Now it's time to beat them. Don't forget to have fun, and as always I believe in you guys. Even if we loose today we at least have to show everyone a good game OK?