•Twenty One•

As I step onto the jet, I feel Damien's hand rest on the curve of my lower back, helping me inside as he guides me on board

As I step onto the jet, I feel Damien's hand rest on the curve of my lower back, helping me inside as he guides me on board. "Have a seat, baby," he says softly, leaning in close to my ear as we step inside. I take a seat closest to the back while he steps over to the small mini bar on the side. I glance out the small window and watched as Damien's men transfer our bags from the limousine Dante insisted that we use to ride to the private airstrip.

"Drink?" Damien offers. I look at him and smile, "Please.". My nerves are a bit frazzled with the thoughts of traveling in a jet. He nods once and pours himself a glass of the brown liquor sitting in a crystal container before he grabbed a bottle of chilled white wine in the ice bucket beside the minibar. He then grabs a wine glass and becomes seated in the large and comfortable chair beside me.

"Dante must have more money than I originally thought," I commented as I stared around in awe of how beautiful the jet truly was. Dante also arranged for us to fly back to New Orleans in one of his many personal jets. This jet was decorated in a black and gold theme. The chairs were golden as well as the frame around the windows. The rest of the decor along with the surface and carpet are glossy black. Truly beautiful.

"Yes, he has a lot of money. Remember he is America's most powerful mafia leader. His fingers are in quite a few businesses in just about every state. Caine never admitted this, but I have always felt he was jealous of Dante and his achievements. Caine wanted to be the top dog. If the dumb bastard wouldn't have allowed so many of our businesses and connections to fail and his addiction to take over, he could have very well given Dante a run for his money." he admits as he shook his head in disappointment.

"Where is Cole?" I suddenly asked as I quickly look out the window to search for him. I haven't spoken to Cole since last night. I spent most of the morning in bed with Damien. When we finally got out of bed,

I did stop in to say goodbye to my grandma before I left. I told her how much I love her and how much I appreciated her for the risk she took by telling Dante the truth just so it would bring his anger and focus to her instead of me. After I left her room, I made sure I spoke to my new grandfather Dante alone. I asked him to try and forgive her. He kissed the top of my head and smiled and promised me he would make sure he made things right between them. I hope he does. She didn't say it, but I can tell she feels horrible about what she's done. The sadness in her eyes broke my heart.

"Cole will be flying out later tonight. He had a few things he needed to do with Dante along with driving your mother to the airport to catch her flight back to North Carolina," he informs me. Just the mention of my mother causes me to frown.

Even though my mother deserved my coldness and attitude yesterday, I can't help but feel terrible. I know deep down my father would have been so disappointed in me for disrespecting her. How I spoke to her was rude. One of the many things my father taught both Cole and me was to respect our parents.