32. Heart To Heart

Start from the beginning

They were quiet as they all looked at each other, happy to be a group of seven again. It just wasn't the same without Forth in the group.

Oat opened his mouth to say something when they heard a small knock at the door. They all turned around to see Beam poking his head in the room.

"Is it safe to come in?"

Duke and Mai Ding rushed back to the door.

"Of course. Please, enter." Duke said putting on his professional voice as he swung the door open for him. Mai Ding swung his door open too and bowed dramatically. Gear and Forth rolled their eyes at the same time as they watched.

The boys stepped away from the table as Beam approached to give them privacy again.

"So...?" He asked apprehensively as he took his seat.

"Everything is fine now." Forth answered. Beam grinned and sat back happily in his seat.

"I should thank you too." Forth looked at him.

"You already have."

Forth raised his eyebrows. "I have?"

"Mm-hmm." Beam nodded. "Well...you will. Tonight." He leaned forward to whisper and Forth leaned in too so he could hear better. "When we get back to the room..."

Beam raised one eyebrow slyly and Forth slowly leaned back, wondering if Beam meant what he thought he meant.

"Do you mean...?"

Beam locked eyes with Forth and if felt like an invisible grip was holding Forth in place.

"That's exactly what I mean."

Forth threw down his napkin in a hurry and stood.

"Hey guys, we're gonna head back to the dorm and-"

"Ai'Forth!" Beam reached out across the table and pulled him back into his seat. "What are you doing?" He whispered loudly.

"Telling them we're leaving." Forth blinked in innocence.

"Not yet, you big horny animal!"

Forth sat back in his seat and pouted.

"What's the matter Forth?" Duke asked. Mai Ding stood at attention with his hand positioned at his head like a soldier. "Need more of something?" Duke walked over to examine the table.

Beam tried to give a straight face, clearing his throat. "Um...we uh...we won't be able to finish all of this food. Do you guys want to join us?"

"Heck yea we do!" Oat hollered out from across the room and was about to dart over when Chris caught him by the waist and pulled him back.

"Hold your horses, greedy."

They all looked to Forth waiting on his response.

"Mmm." He nodded head. "Come eat."

Oat, Duke, Gear, and Mai Ding all came rushing forward to join them at the table.

"I'll go get some more chairs." Chris said, shaking his head at his hungry friends. Lek walked over to the table, arriving last.

Beam was taken aback by how quickly they all had agreed to eat the food but he figured their response made sense. They had spent the entire evening serving him and Forth for their date. They probably hadn't eaten anything since lunch time and it was already after 9pm.

Chris came back with enough foldable chairs for everybody and they all sat around the table eating and talking. Beam was surprised that he was actually having a good time with Forth's friends. They were still crazy in comparison to Phana and Kit, but he had to admit that they were entertaining and he was happy that they accepted him and Forth being together.