7. Clumsy

Two days had passed since the accident and the school faculties were now starting to choose their representatives for the Moon and Star competition. Phana had been pretty moody lately because of whatever he had going on with Wayo. They were always arguing about something and it drove Beam and Kit crazy. Mostly because they knew that Phana actually liked Yo and he was just being a jerk like always; never wanting to admit his true feelings.

"Come on guys, Ai'Kit, Ai'Beam. Come help out for the freshman." Phana pleaded, trying not to whine.

"Why do we have to go? You're the one who was the moon of the university, not us. Only moons are supposed to help." Beam fired back. "And what about my breakfast?" He was tired of Phana always dragging him and Kit into his situations. And like always, he was hungry.

"But they could still use all the volunteer help they can get. Please?"

"All you're going to do is stare at Nong Yo like a lovesick puppy. You know he was chosen to represent the science faculty." Kit said folding his arms with a smirk.

"I will not! I help everyone there." Phana said looking away from his friends, trying to hide his embarrassment.

Kit and Beam exchanged knowing looks.

Phana looked up to see his friends staring at him with smug looks on their faces.

"Whatever! Let's just go okay??" He snatched his wallet and keys and walked out the door. Beam sighed and Kit shook his head, then they both followed him out the door.

****

Today, all the moons and stars were going to be meeting in the center of campus by the main statue. Phana filled Beam and Kit in on what was going to be happening as they walked. Today was photo shoot day so all the moons and stars were going to be taking individual shots, faculty pair shots, and a few group shots. If things were as disorganized as they were last year with the photo shoots, then this was going to take a long time. By the time they arrived, Beam was already thinking about ways he could sneak away and go get food. But to all of their surprise, things were actually running smoothly with professional photographers and equipment.

"Wow, they really stepped it up this year." Kit mused as he looked around. But Phana wasn't listening. He was already scanning the crowd of freshman for his one and only Nong Wayo.

"Look, I see Nong Ming. That means you-know-who has to be pretty cloossee." Beam sang happily as he nudged Phana playfully. Phana quickly cut his eyes to him but looked away just as fast. He didn't want to miss the chance at seeing Wayo. Ming was standing against a light pole with a few other moon representatives looking as cool as ever with his hands deep in his pockets and dark shades on his face. His head turned in their direction and no one saw Kit stiffen. In fact, after Beam's teasing, no one was even looking at Ming except Kit.

Ming tilted his head down to peer over his sunglasses at Kit. Kit went red in the face and looked away. Ming pushed his glasses back up on his face and turned back to whatever he was looking at before.

"There he is!" Kit pointed. "He's about to go take his photos next." As he said it, Yo was making his way out towards the big statue of Princess Penchan Lamai Asawatangsatian. [A/N: This is a completely made up name. There is no Princess Penchan Lamai of Thailand. I just liked the name.)

Beam turned to look the moment he heard Phana let out a soft sigh.

"Goodness, Ai'Pha! You've got it bad." He laughed. Phana shoved him without even turning to

look at him.

Beam looked around, quickly growing bored. It was true that Yo was cute, but he didn't want to stand around and just stare at him. Not to mention, the sun was pretty bright for it to still be pretty early in the morning. It was starting to give him a headache. He could already feel the dull ache starting right between his brows.