5. 3 on 3

Beam, Kit, and Phana were all in Phana's room studying for an upcoming quiz. The faculty of medicine was always the faculty that started classes first so while the students in every other faculty could enjoy their days exploring the campus and participating in all the beginning of the year events, the faculty of medicine students were stuck having to study and starting projects.

Beam slammed one of his textbooks closed. "I'm over this! I need a break."

"The school year just started, Beam." Phana said without looking up from his notes.

"Yea, and we're the only faculty that has to do work right now. There is still a week and half until everyone else starts classes. We will have taken a quiz and started our first major project already!" Beam slouched in his seat and folded his arms across his chest.

"Pouting won't change the situation, Ai'Beam." Kit said, closing his own book. "But I'm tired of studying too." He stood up to stretch his limbs and moved to look out the window.

"We've been in this room for three hours. Let's go play ball." Beam suggested.

"I wouldn't mind that. Ai'Pha?" Kit turned to look at Phana.

Phana looked hesitant. Phana had always taken his studies seriously and was always the top in his class because of it. Even in high school, he graduated at the top of his class in academics.

Beam saw his hesitation.

"Aw, come on Ai'Pha. We've been studying all afternoon. Your notes aren't going anywhere. Why don't you take a break?"

"Okay, fine." Phana finally closed his books and neatened up his papers. Truth be told, he needed a break too. School work was only going to get harder as the year progressed, so burning themselves out now wouldn't be a very good idea.

"Yes!" Beam said excitedly. "Maybe we'll see those losers from faculty of arts and beat them again. All they ever do is lose. They should stick to arts and not sports." He laughed.

"All that trash talk, watch today be the day they finally win." Kit chuckled. He couldn't disagree with Beam because the boys from faculty of arts really did play terribly. But they had heart and never gave up. That counted for something, right?

"Not a chance." Beam grinned. "We'll win no matter who is there."

****

After changing and grabbing their water bottles, the boys headed out to the basketball courts. Beam was chattering away about nothing in particular. There were already quite a few guys at the basketball courts and it looked like a game was trying to start. Kit scanned the guys and immediately started grinning. He nudged Phana and silently pointed. Phana followed his finger and smirked. Beam still hadn't seen anything as he was still talking and not paying attention.

"Ai'Beam," Kit stopped him. "It doesn't look like the art faculty guys are here..... but engineering is."

Beam immediately stopped talking and scanned the boys on the court. It didn't take long for his eyes to find Forth.

"You know what? As a matter of fact, I think it's too hot out here. Let's go back to the room where it's cool-"

He turned to walk away but Phana yanked him back by his shirt.

"Oh, no you don't. This was your idea. You wanted to play so we're playing. Get over there." He gave him a little shove.

Beam stumbled forward, dropping his water bottle. The sound caused a couple of the guys on the court to turn in their direction. Beam hurriedly turned around to face his friends but they blocked his path.