Part 32

2 months later

At noon Céline arrives at the parking lot of the forum. She planned early on to surprise René. She'd scheduled her first ultrasound later after lunch and wanted to invite him to lunch together, and maybe he wouldn't be so busy and could go with her to the doctor. She was so excited about the pregnancy ... She had been living with him at the mansion since Anne's wedding. And for the happiness of both everything went very well. She had traveled to France 2 weeks ago to sort out what had to be done at the hospital and college. Got transfer for the Medical Residency to Québec. But now, she was really thinking about the baby. Everyone could already see the volume in her womb, as she was about to complete 3 months of pregnancy. She put on a tight white linen tube dress that morning. Sleeveless, canoe neckline front and back, knee length. It made her body well defined, especially the small pregnant belly that was already emerging. Hair stuck in a bun in the middle of the head. To put on, a classic slim-toed Scarpin, medium-heeled beige and matching wallet-style purse. She wore soft makeup, with eyes marked only by black pencil and mascara. Pink lipstick pink to contrast with the soft tones of her choices. It was quite elegant.

- Good morning! - Jake found her as soon as he got out of the elevator.

- Hi Jake, good morning! - She said smiling.

Jake greeted her with a kiss on the cheek.

- Is René busy?

- No, no. I just got out of there. Come, I'll take you. - He offered her his arm.

- Oh thank you!

- I will introduce you to the people.

After taking her to some rooms and introducing her to several people, he led her to René's room. He knocked twice on the door and opened it. He just poked his head into the office.

- Hello again! I have a little surprise for you right here with me ... - he said.

He took her by the arm and entered the room. When he saw her René smiled.

- Well, now that she's here ... I'm walking. - He took her hand and kissed it.

- It was a pleasure, girl.

- Thank you, Jake. She put the bag in a corner and walked toward her sweetheart.

- What a nice surprise! You look beautiful, as always ... - He said.

 She kissed him.

 - Thank you, mon amour ... I want to invite you. By the way, two.

He hugged her around the waist and kissed her neck.

- Whatever you want, my queen. - He said.

- Let's have lunch together?

- It will be a pleasure. - He smiled.

- Well, I don't know how your schedule is, but I thought ... You could come with me to the doctor. Let's see our baby.

He looked at her surprised and excited at the same time.

- Well, I don't know how your schedule is, but I thought ... You could come with me to the doctor. Let's see our baby.

He looked at her surprised and excited at the same time.

- Of course!

The two left and headed straight for a downtown French restaurant. She was grateful that she didn't find Elena on the forum. And after a nice lunch, they headed straight to the clinic where they would see their baby for the first time.

- Are you nervous? - He asked seeing that she was a little tense.

- Yes ... Actually I'm anxious ... I couldn't even sleep well tonight.

- I'm anxious too. But I know everything will be all right.

- Yes, I have no doubt. - She said.

They were in the waiting room. A few minutes later they entered the exam room.

- Bonjour! How are you feeling today? - The doctor had asked him.

- Well I'm anxious... - she replied with a smile.

- Well, the nurse will help you with the preparation for the ultrasound. In the meantime I talk to my friend. - He said referring to René. The two had known each other for a long time. Since the time of Anne's mother's pregnancy.

Minutes later she was in bed already being examined. Everything seemed normal, according to the doctor. The ultrasound started and they were very anxious. The clasped hands. From time to time they looked at each other and smiled. For a moment Céline remembered the last time that had happened to her. But she didn't want to think of anything sad at that moment. Now she was there. Making a dream come true with her love.

- Interesting ... - The doctor whispered with his eyes fixed on the screen.

She started to get nervous. She knew that expression because she was a doctor.

- Something wrong?

René looked at her with fright. Then he looked at the doctor.

- If something is wrong, you can tell us, Gilbert. - he said.

The doctor turned to them.

- There's nothing wrong. The news is that you will have triplets.

----------------------

- Are you okay? - René asked looking at Céline beside him while he drove back from the clinic.

She sighed and looked at him with wide eyes.

- Yes ... I just ... I'm still amazed. It's three!

- Yes ... He couldn't hide the contentment.

- Wow ... I'm quite surprised. And crazy to tell Anne! - She said with a smile.

- Anne will be euphoric! - He answered holding her hand and kissing her softly.

She looked up at him. He looked so happy. She smiled in delight at the look on his face.

- I love you very much. - she said.

- And I love you too, my beautiful ...- He said giving her a quick look. He left her at home and returned to the forum. There was still a meeting.

- Then? - Jake asked quickly entering his office. He smiled proudly and leaned back in his chair.

- I'll be a father of triplets! - He said all excited.

Jake looked at him in wonder.

- Really?

- Yes! I just left Céline at home.

- I'm sorry to interrupt... - It was Elena. - I have some documents here that you have to sign.

 Jake pursed his lips and looked at René suspiciously.

- You too, Jake ... - she continued.

- Oh, let them in my room Elena, now I'll solve some things up there. - He said.

- Well, I'm going up. Call me when the meeting starts.

René nodded and Jake left. Only Elena and him remained.

- So ...- she said as she set the papers on the table. - You'll have triplets ...

He would scrutinize the papers and try to ignore it.

- Sorry, I heard when I entered. The door was open then ... René ... Don't ignore me, please.
He sighed and looked at her.

- What do you want, Elena? Wasn't it enough what you did to Celine and me? I already have to see you because you work here, but I don't want to talk to you.

- Looks like you really like her ...

- I love my wife.

- Your wife? - she said with a sad smile. - Already your wife then?

- She always has been.... Please....... - He gestured for her to leave.

Elena looked at him coldly and left his room.

"You will regret René" - she thought herself.

-------------------------------------------

15 minutes later Jake enters René's office.

- Let's go? Where is Elena? The meeting will start, they are just waiting for us.

He looked up at his friend and nodded getting up.

- Isn't Elena with you? -Jake asked.

- No. She's gone. We had a very embarrassing conversation.

- About what?

- She heard our conversation. But, let's go.

- I'll just get some documents here in my office. - Jake hurried into his office.

He tried to key the drawer open, but saw that it was unlocked. Quickly opened it.

- Shit!

He walked fast down the corridor. He reached the meeting room where he met René.

- René! - He said pulling him by the arm.

- What?

- Do you know that gun that is locked in my drawer?

- Yes, I know.

- It's not there, dude! I'm thinking that ... Elena got it. Other than you, only she knew about the gun.

René stared at him, startled.

- My God ... Céline!

---------------

OMG! What will Elena do?

Please comment.....