Part 20

Three more years passed. Céline was already attending the last period of the college.

Now it was May 1992. She was coming back from another tiring day in college. Now it was harder. She was already a doctor in practice. She barely arrived at home and heard the phone ring.

- Hello?

- Céline!

She grinned at Anne's voice.

- Hi! I miss you!

- Me too Céline ... I'm so busy ... Look, I haven't mentioned anything before because I wanted to surprise you...

- Don't tell me you're in France?

- Oh no, no! But I intend to soon ... when I'm on my honeymoon.

Celine smiled in surprise.

- You ... Ah! I do not believe! Really?

- Yes! Pablo and I are finally getting married! It's in 2 months ...

- Ah Anne ... What a happiness! I'm so glad for you!

- I'm very happy, Céline ... But listen, I want you to be my godmother ... The party would not be the same without you. I do not accept a no!

Céline was quiet. She bit her lip hard and closed her eyes. Back to Quebec ... Is that really a good idea?

- Anne ... I'm finishing my studies and ...

- I said I don't take no!

- Ah Céline! Will you do this to me? I owe you my happiness ... You helped me so much with Pablo. And then in mid-July, you'll be on vacation ...

She sighed nervously. But it was her friend. More than that. It was like her sister.

- I couldn't make you undone. Of course I will.

- Oh good! I can't wait to see you! I'm missing you so much! But come with Bryan, I really want to meet him.

- Of course . I'll talk to him today. I'm so happy for you Anne ... I can take something from here to you.

- Lingeries! Of course I'll need it ...

They smiled.

- Right. I will take many of many colors and models. Here in France there are good stores that work with it.

- I'll wait for you anxiously! - Anne looked so happy.

Céline was moved.

- See you then. I will try arrive at the beginning of July.

- Great! So we'll be able to chat a lot and you help me with the preparations.

- Right. See you, Anne.

Céline was nervous. What would it be like to come back after so long? Not even to visit her parents she had gone to Quebec ... Always saying that she was too busy and could not go to Quebec. But now, there was no escape from it. And fear invaded her. The heart pounded. She was trying to convince herself that it would be just a visit. But in her heart she knew it wasn't like that. She entered the room and faced herself in the mirror. She took off her lab coat and the clothes beneath ot. She prepared a relaxing bath and stepped into the tub. Stayed there for a long time. With eyes closed. In silence. She didn't saw the time pass. She ended up falling asleep. Just woke up with a sweet kiss from Bryan on her lips.