Part 6

They finally arrived in Vegas. Céline was amazed looking at everywhere. She had a wide smile on her face. René watched her and laughed too. She was so beautiful ... Young ... She had soft skin, so sweet lips ... He got lost looking at her. There was already a car at the airport waiting for them. They left and took the road. - Shall we go straight home? Anne-Marie got him out of his thoughts. - Yes, why? He asked - We could have lunch at MC Donald's! - Anne-Marie looked like an excited child. He laughed. - If that's what you want, let's go. He answered looking at Céline who laughed at him.

They arrived there soon. They ordered hamburgers, coke, then ice cream, all that junky food, and the girls loved it. They laughed and talked and he just watched them. They looked like sisters at times. Full of little secrets, they whispered among themselves, laughing and sometimes in a funny way that made him laugh too. And he thought. Should it? He was afraid of hurting her. She was so young, happy, with a future ahead ... Would she be right? Was it fair? It was just a girl ... But she didn't behave as such one ... She made him confused ... In his forty-three years he had never felt anything like this. She aroused him so many desires ... He didn't understand how this could happen.- Papa ... Hi ..What planet are you? - Anne-Marie make fun of him and laugh at him.- Oh ... Sorry honey ... Worried about work. Anyway, let's go? - Relax René. Life is not just work. Céline said looking at him deeply. He shuddered. - Of course not. He said calmly. - Well, let's go.

The house they owned in Vegas was beautiful. Almost as big as the Quebec mansion. Cheerful, smooth, perfect decoration. It had an air of paradise. Céline fell in love right away. On the walls were colorful paintings, hand painted for sure.
Outside, a fantastic garden, a huge pool, the house was all surrounded by high walls. The house had five large bedrooms, all with walk-in closets. She also fell in love with the gigantic kitchen. She had always enjoyed cooking. Maybe she'd make dinner for tonight. She would make a good Italian pasta that was her specialty. For dessert a chocolate cake filled with whipped cream with strawberries and ganache topping ...
It was a recipe from her mother that she always loved to make.

But now she really wanted to fall into that pool. She hurried to the room where she would stay, chose a pink bikini and put on a pair of denim shorts. She grabbed her sunglasses and went downstairs. Anne-Marie had gone downstairs already. They spent much of the afternoon there, having fun, talking a lot. René had gone to the conference that would last a few hours. By late afternoon, Céline was finishing dinner and Anne-Marie was in her room clutching the phone talking to Pablo. Céline heard the door slam and ran to see who it was. She was still wearing her bikini with shorts. But she'd tied her hair in a ponytail. It was René, but it had an elegant man and woman. They looked at her and laughed heartily. The woman who seemed less cordial.

- Hi ... Céline, these are my friends from the conference. Jacob and Elena. They will have dinner with us. Jacob soon stepped forward. - You didn't tell me you had such a beautiful daughter, René ... Said the guy kissing Céline's hand then. - No ... She's a friend of my daughter. He answered awkwardly. - Oh! Better then. The guy said looking at her covetously from top to bottom. Celine blushed and smiled shyly.- Oh Jake, stop it. The girl could be your daughter! The woman answered approaching Céline and greeting her with a kiss. - Don't mind honey, he's crazy. She said smiling. - Okay. No problem. I ... I'm going back to the kitchen. Excuse me. - Céline answered. And she walked away, Jacob devoured her with his eyes. René noticed and didn't like it. - Well, let's go to the office. The papers are there. He said to break the tense mood. Céline had finished cooking dinner and went to her friend's room, who were ready to go downstairs. - Oh! I was going to see if you needed any help.

- No, I'm done over there. And your father has returned, brought two friends. One asshole and one snob. - What do you mean? - You will see. I'm going to take a shower and get ready for dinner.
- Okay, I'm going down. I was curious now.They both laughed and Céline went to her room. Took a long shower. She ran creams over her body, dried her hair and tied it in a frayed bun, with strands falling around her neck. She looked like a mature woman. She laughed. She put on a softer make-up, just marking her eyes. She wore a yellow strapless dress that enhanced her tanned brown color. The dress was very tight and came to mid-legs. He took a medium heels and went down. Everyone was in the room when she came down the stairs. They had a few drinks and laughed about something about an audience somewhere. Anne-Marie was close to her father.

- Bon soir. Céline greeted. Everyone looked at her. She blushed. Once again Jacob stepped forward. He got up and went to meet her, reaching for her. - Good night beautiful girl! He said kissing her hand. Céline laughed embarrassed.

Elena had looked down at her with disdain. And she wondered what that woman's problem was ... She really didn't like her.
- I ... I'll get the dinner. Will you come with me, Anne? - Oh yeah! Anne got up and went with her. - See what I said? Céline said as they entered the kitchen.

 - Yeah ... Really an asshole. They both laughed. - I didn't like the woman either. But they are daddy's friends. Never mind. Dinner was served and the mood was still boring for both girls. Occasionally they would look at each other and laugh at each other. - Céline, Jacob told her - Since you're so young, it's okay to ask ... How old are you? Céline turned red. She glanced nervously at René, who was looking at Jacob seriously. - I'm seventeen.

- But there seems to be more. I really thought that. You look very mature ... He looked back at her like that. She looked down. - You want to stop? Elena hissed at him by slapping him on the arm.- I'm not your husband, baby. He said winking at Elena who laughed at him.

- Oh Jake, not really. You know I prefer the smartest and most mature... - She glanced at René, who looked away from her and brought up another subject.Céline now understood. She wanted her René! Ah, but she wouldn't let that happen no ... And then Elena had no chance against her. She was there looking at that woman. She was beautiful, but not so much. She was about forty, but she looked no older than thirty-five. They talked and laughed with each other. Elena always took the opportunity to touch René's hand or arm. Céline was already furious.

- Want more wine? I can bring ... She asked sweetly.

- Oh yes dear! it would be great! Jake answered.

Céline got up and took the bottle. René watched her suspiciously as she talked. Elena was distracted and smiling at him. When she reached her rival's cup, Céline dropped it on purpose on Elena's dress. Who stood up with a scream.

- Oh! Sorry honey ... I'll get something to clean this up.

 Elena looked at her with cold and angry at the same time. But soon the countenance changed.

 - No problem, it wasn't much. And the dress is dark.

- Are you sure? Céline asked blinking innocently. She saw when René pursed his lips, hiding a smile. And Anne-Marie who also disguised it. Jake, in turn, laughed blatantly.- Well, since it's okay, I'll get dessert then. - Céline said leaving. She looked at René, who was looking at her with an accomplice look.Dinner ended well, though. Anne-Marie had soon went upstairts, saying she was very tired. Céline and René went for a walk in the garden. The night was beautiful, warm, the sky quite starry.

- I still can't believe you did that. - René said, laughing at her.

 - She deserved it. I know that she wants you. - She responded by looking him in the eye. He sighed.- Céline ... That's not right ...- It's neither right nor wrong. It is love.

He stopped walking. They looked at each other. Céline approached and touched him lightly on the face. - I wouldn't let her or anyone keep me from you. - It's not that simple Céline.- And why not? I'm here now, I want you and I know you want me too. She kissed him lightly.- I won't let you get away. Believe me, I won't. - I can not do it. You know, today at the conference one of my lawyer friends was telling me about a case like this. A girl like you and a man like me. He now faces a lawsuit for getting involved in it. People are prejudiced and wouldn't understand ...- Damn them! I don't care ... I can defend myself. And I swear to you, I wouldn't let anything happen to you.

- Céline, this is not in your hands! You do not understand?

She stared at him. He looked disturbed. Scared maybe. But most of all it seemed to suffer. She tried to touch him, but he swerved.

- Good night.

He said turning and leaving. She stood without reaction. Started to cry. Why had he changed? Maybe he would like that woman ... But she wouldn't let things end like this. That was hernight. And he couldn't do it... It wasn't fair.

She wanted him and was going to make it. It was decided. She was going to hit his room.

- René ... I know you can hear me ... Open, please. We have to talk. René ... Answer me...

He listened her. But it wasn't going to open. It was crazy! That could not happen. On the other hand, he wanted her so badly. He wanted to be with her. To have her for himself ... He heard her call, wanted to open but no. He would not do that. He was going to resist with all his strength. He suddenly noticed that she no longer spoke. It's better this way.

Céline, in turn, was desolate. She returned to her room feeling her broken heart. He laid down and stared at the ceiling. She took a deep breath. A hot tear ran down the corner of her eye. He didn't want her. That was it. I thought. But she heard a slight knock on the door. She got up, wiping the tear that had fallen and shuddered. She walked to the door, took a deep breath, and opened it. On the other side was him.

- It's too late? He asked.

She flashed a smile.

- No. It's never too late.

--------------------------------

Please comment.