chapter eleven

He storms down the stone staircase and disappears into the chamber without another glance at me. My heart drops from my throat into the pit of my stomach and shatters into a million pieces. I try choke out a cry for him to come back but no words come out. I take in a shaky breath, straighten out my uniform and steady my trembling hands. I quickly wipe my eyes and brace myself, taking a step and hurrying down after him.

The room that I enter is dark and the only light source is a roaring fire at one side of the room. The walls are lined with portraits and they give me funny looks as I walk in. Cedric, Krum and Fleur, who are all standing around the fire, are faced towards Harry, but when I make my appearance their eyes quickly shoot from Harry to me. I glance over to Harry and he shifts uncomfortable onto the other foot, not daring to look at me.

"Do zey want is back in ze Hall?" Fleur says, flipping her long silvery mane behind her shoulder. I didn't know what to say. How to tell them that Hogwarts doesn't have just one but three champions. That's even if they allow us to compete, I mean it's absurdly unfair: three from one school and one from the others.

There was a scurrying of feet from behind us and I whip around, glad that this disruption has broken the-awkward silence. Ludo Bagman was running down the stairs. When he reached the bottom, he looked at me and Harry with an expression on amazement, almost as if he was happy for us?

"Extraordinary!" He said, squeezing Harry's arm and patting my shoulder, lightly. "Absolute extraordinary! Lady... Gentlemen, may I introduce to you, the fourth and fifth Triwizard champion?"

All three of them straightened up rather abruptly and Fleur scoffed, "Oh, vairy funny joke Meester Bagman."

"Joke?" Bagman said, bewildered, "No not at all! Harry and Olivia's name just came out of the Goblet of Fire." Harry shifted again, at that last sentence. The three real champions are still looking completely confused and bewildered.

"But evidently zair 'as been a mistake," She said, "Zey cannot compete zey are too young"

"Well... it's amazing," Bagman said, smiling, "But their name's come out of the Goblet... I mean I don't think there can be any ducking out at this stage... it's in the rules, you obliged, they will just have to do the best th-"

There was a second scurrying of feet and Dumbledore entered the room, followed closely by Karkaroff, Madame Maxime, Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape and Mr Crouch.

"Madame Maxime!" Fleur exclaimed, striding over to her headmistress in disbelief and anger. "Zey are saying zhat zis little boy and girl are going to compete also!"

Little girl?

Little girl!

I've experienced a thousands times more than you will ever have to in your pretty little life, sweet cheeks.

Madame Maxime straightened herself up to her full height,  her head almost touched the ceiling and her chest swelled up, as she snapped her head towards Dumbledore.

"What is ze meaning of zis Dumbly-dorr?" She said.

"Yes, I'd rather like to know that myself," Karkaroff Said, his voice filled with anger, "I don't remember anyone saying you were allowed three champions? Or have I not read the rules correctly?"

"'Hogwarts cannot have three champions," Madame Maxime said, her enormous hand rested on Fleurs shoulder, "It is most injust."

"We were under the impression that your Age Line would keep the younger students out of the Tournament." Karkaroff Said, his eyes colder then ever. "Otherwise we would have brought a wider selection of pupils from our own schools."