•Eighteen•

"Truly amazing

"Truly amazing." Silas boasts with a big grin spread across his face. He grabs my hand and shakes it as he gestures me to a table. Seated at the table, I see a few well-dressed women sitting on the laps of men who are talking among themselves.

"Damien, I'd like to introduce you to a couple of friends of mine," Silas announces. Both men glance up towards us. Their eyes shining with interest as we shake hands.

"Damien Heart—are you Caine Heart's son?" A man with salt and pepper hair asks as he shakes my hand. "As told," I comment, pulling Ray in closer as I straighten, the boundaries have been breached. Not knowing him, my red flags are high in the air on this one.

Both men moving as they each took a seat, staring at me and studying— with interest. "Our man Silas swears you're nothing like your old man." One of the men states in an accent I'm not familiar with as he places a huge cigar to his lips and pulls a drag from it.

"And you are?" I quipped seeing Nick step beside me as the man chuckled, letting the smoke respire from his mouth. "I'm Lorenzo Esposito." He breathed out, and it took everything in me not to let my mouth drop in surprise.

Holy fuck, this is the most notorious mafia leader in all of Italy. Lorenzo Esposito is the kind of man no one has lives to talk about after fucking with him. He's larger than Dante's family and is well respected in the underworld. Shit.

He chuckles as he studies me. "I see you've heard of me, si?" He asks, amusement dripping from his old and dark eyes. He brought his glass up to his lips as he looks away from me towards Ray.

"I'm so sorry, Miss?" He says as he places his glass down and stands up, reaching out towards Ray. Instinct kicked in and I pulled her behind me. "Ray, and yes, I've heard of you." He smiles and eyes me with an amused expression as he nods his head at me and then sends Ray a playful wink.

Not feeling comfortable without all of my men here at the club, I look to Silas. "I hate to cut our evening short, but I need to leave. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the show. I have made donations of gratitude at the front desk." I announce to Silas with a small smile as I pat his back. Both men eye me curiously as I finished saying goodbye to Silas.

I've never met Lorenzo, but I've heard he's not a man you should fuck with, so for tonight I'd rather not have him on our bad side. The way he winked at Ray had me wanting to rip his fucking throat open and I'd rather not show my temper to this man that I'm unfamiliar with besides the rumors that I heard during my training until I've learned all I can about him. I'm not equipped to take on someone as big as him.

————————————————

A couple of hours in the SUV with a sleeping Ray, I had a small amount of time to search Lorenzo Esposito after telling Nick to do a background on him as well. I know the basics and so does Nick. I need to know his connections and how close he was to my father. Do I have an ally or an enemy in this man?