Chapter 13 | Exam

Eleven's POV

Max said that today we are having an exam in school. We have to answer questions in a classroom and then we will be graded. I'm nervous since this is my first year in school, and now I have to do this exam. Before we left for school, Max was showing me her notes and explaining the things we learned.  I grab my backpack and Max and I walk to school together. We barely make it to class in time, and we get handed the questions. I try my very best, still nervous, and then the teacher says that our time ran out. I quickly answer the last questions and put the pen down, and hand the teacher my paper. Max and I walk outside and I see a sign for basketball. "What's basketball" I ask Max. "Oh, it's this game where you have to get a ball into a hoop, come on I'll show you." Max replied. She held my hand and now we're running somewhere. "This is where you play, this is the hoop you toss the ball in, I'm not so good at basketball but I'll try." Max says. I look at Max and she grabs an orange ball, and throws it, it doesn't go in the hoop. She picks the ball back up and tries again, and this time it falls through the hoop. "So yeah, that's how you play." Max says. This time I grab the ball, but I miss. Oh well it was quite fun. We head back to class, and we're told our exam results will come back the next day. We catch up with Will, and walk home. On the way we grab some Ice-Cream. Max and I get changed into our pajamas, and snuggle for a bit. I like cuddling with max, but after a while I fall asleep. When I wake up it is 8.0.0.  When we get to school all of the exam papers are being handed out. I got a D-, that doesn't pass. Max got a C. We eat our lunch in the cafeteria, and Eric's group walks up to us, I guess they got out of detention. "This is all your fault, we had to go to detention for a whole week, and we missed that cool school trip!" Eric yells at us. "Uh our fault? You were the one that broke rules by bullying us, so blame yourselves assholes!" Max tells them. "Whatever, we will get you back some time, you fags!" Eric yells as he leaves. I hate that guy. We finish up our sandwiches, and go home. Max and I look more at our tests, and she starts teaching me the things. Just as we're doing our homework, we here a door knocking sound. We go to the door, and Joyce opens it. "Hey, excuse me, we're looking for Max Mayfield." a man says. What do they want with Max?!

Max's POV

Okay what the hell does this man want?! "That's me." I put my hand up. "So, you've been staying with the Byers for the last couple of weeks?" He asks me. "Uh, yeah?" I say, I'm confused. "Your parents are?" "Why do you need to know?" I ask. "Because you've been missing from your home, and you can't just live here, unless you actually went through the process, you didn't even tell anyone!" the man says. "Excuse me, my parents kicked me out, and told me to never come back! This is like the only place I could go, or right know I would be on the streets!" I told him. I was really annoyed. "That's not what Mrs. Reyna said! She called us because she visited your parents and saw your not home. Your parents told us you've been missing from home for days." the man said. Oh you got to be fucking kidding me. Me and that man were yelling at each other for half an hour. Now I have to go back to my parents, and talk about this. Fuck. The man leaves, and says I have to go back to my parents and explain. We all walk back inside. "What happened?" El said. She's probably confused. We walked to our room. "I have to go back to my parents tomorrow for whatever reason." I told her. "Are you going to stay there?" El said worryingly. "I hope not." I said. El grabbed my hand. "I don't want you to go. Ever." El said. That made me blush. "I don't either, I'll figure something out, okay?" "Okay." El says. I lean in and we start kissing. We both go into bed and start snuggling again. This better not be the last time I sleep here. 

A/N: Oh my god, school has been, very busy. I'm in 8th grade now, and I've been soo busy. I'm really sorry I haven't posted in a while, I hope this chapter was good, I don't know if you guys like the way I'm taking the story?