Chapter 11 | Forgiveness

Will's POV

I got up and had food. It's been a couple of months since I last saw my friends. I want to see them again, if they even are my friends anymore. "Mom, can we please visit Hawkins for the weekend. I haven't seen my friends in a long time." I asked. "Sure, that sounds like a good idea, we can leave tomorrow, pack your stuff." she replied. I was so excited but nervous at the same time, what if they hate me now? I packed some clothes for the weekend. I then took my walkie talkie from underneath my bed, I haven't talked to them in a while. I tried to talk to them, but it was no use I couldn't find the right channel. Eleven and Max were packing their stuff to, but they didn't seem as excited. I went back to sleep, still feeling really nervous. 

I woke up early, and got ready. I was still surprised that I'm actually seeing them again, Dustin, Mike, and Lucas. I got in the car, and we were on our way. I focused on the trees, and houses passing by. After about an hour, we were approaching Hawkins. I was getting so scared. We decided to see Dustin first, because last time Lucas and Mike were angry at Eleven and Max. I rung on his door. Dustin opened the door. "Hi Will! Hi, El, Max. I wasn't expecting you, why didn't you talk to me at all?" Dustin asked. "I tried to but coudn't find the right channel, uhm, how are Lucas and Mike?" I asked. "They've been acting really weird ever since last time you visited. I feel like our party is falling apart, it's really sad. I don't spend much time with them anymore, I usually spend time with Suzie and Steve." Dustin said. "I haven't talked to Mike since last time, and I only talked to him a bit, I'll try to talk to him, wish me luck" I told Dustin. Eleven and Max stayed at Dustin's, while I walked to Mike's.

 When I got to his front door, I was so scared to press the doorbell. Finally, I breathed in, and pressed the doorbell. His Mom answered. "Oh, Hi, Will. I haven't seen you in a while, I suppose you are here to see Mike? He's in the basement." she said. "Thanks Mrs. Wheeler" I said as I walked in. I slowly downstairs, I saw Mike doing some kind of school work. Okay, I finally went all the way to the basement. "Uhm, hi Mike, can we talk?" I asked him. "Byers! I didn't know you were coming, sure we can talk" Mike replied. "I uh, well the party has been falling apart. I heard from Dustin. At home, I'm really lonely, and I haven't talked to you since last time we saw each other." I told him. "Yeah, everyone was acting weirdly, especially El and Max." Mike said. "That's actually what I wanted to talk about, but if I say this please don't hate me Mike." I told him. "Why would I hate you, you've been my friend since kindergarten?" Mike replied. "Okay listen. Eleven and Max aren't weird they are just different. I mean can't they like each other? I uhm. I'm like them too, I like boys. Mike please understand me, I don't know if it's right to like boys, but I can't to anything about it, and I really don't want my best friend to hate me." I told him and then hugged  him. I started crying. "Wow..." Mike said. "Please don't hate me, whenever those bullies called me a fag before, you'd stand up for me. I don't want you to become those bullies, please." I told him. "I uh, I don't hate you will. God. Tell El and Max I'm sorry, I never wanted to hurt them or become a bully.  I guess I just didn't understand them. I'm really sorry, and I'll try to accept you and understand what's happening. Do you forgive me?" Mike told me. "Yes, let's try to get he group back together, and be friends." I told him. "You never stopped being my friend, Will. I'm sorry I've been ignoring you for a long time now, even before you moved away." I held his hand, and he was holding my hand too. I was still crying a bit, but I'm so happy Mike didn't yell at me, I still have my friend. "Now let's get the rest of the party together again, okay?" I said. "Okay." Mike replied.

Authors Notes: Hey everyone, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know it doesn't have any Elmax in it, but I thought it would be cool to have Byler in here too. I think later Mike will notice that he likes Will, and he is bi. If you have any other suggestions for this book, please let me know! Thanks!