TANJIRO KAMADO | ANGST

(ANGST) / (GENDER NEUTRAL)

-

"Hey, Hey! Tanji!"

[Name] Kamado chirped happily from their elder brother's lap, grabbing a couple of sunflowers from the pile in front of them and began braiding the flowers together with their freezing fingers.

"Who's your favorite sibling?"

"Hah?! I can't possibly choose [Name]! I love all of you guys."

"O - Oh, alright."

[Name] felt dejected, a small part of them wanted Tanjirō to say their name, but they didn't mind. As long as he loved them as a sibling, it was fine. [Name] grabbed another bundle of flowers and added to the crown.

"Hey Tanji! Why don't you make a flower crown with me? Then, you give me yours and I'll give you mine!" [Name] adorned a cheeky smile.

"But I don't know how to make one [Name].."

"Don't worry! I'll teach you! Here, grab some."

[Name] handed him a bundle of sunflowers and began teaching Tanjirō how to braid a flower crown.

"Then grab this one, then this one, then-"

"Tanjirō! Please send down firewood to the townsfolk!" Nezuko called out, warming up her hands with her breath.

"Ah! Okay! I'm sorry [Name], I'll be back as soon as possible!" Tanjirō felt bad for [Name], seeing their small frown on their face. He could tell how happy they were when they were teaching him how to make a flower crown. He knew that you didn't really spend time with any of your other sisters or brothers, well, besides Nezuko. Shigeru, Rokuta, and Takeo were always wanting to run around and play tag or cause mischief in someway or another and Hanako was always helping Mother around the house, you were just kind of always alone crafting something for random animals from the forest or decoration pieces for the living room or kitchen.

"No. It's okay.." He could see tiny tears swell up in your eyes and could hear sniffles from you trying to keep the snot from oozing out. You kept trying to complete your flower crown while your sight was being obstructed by your tears threatening to spill out.

Nezuko walked through the snow and handed Tanjirō the basket filled to the brim with freshly chopped firewood.

"Please hurry, Mother's almost done with the food."

Tanjirō just nodded and began walking towards the hill and-

"Tanji! Tanji! Here!"

He turned around and saw [Name] jumping up and down with a completed flower crown.

"Oh, thank you [Name]!" Tanjirō placed the flower crown on his head and bent down to ruffle [Name]s' hair.

"Well, I'll be on my way!" Tanjirō waved a small good-bye and continued walking down the hill till all you could see was the cold fog.

                              ——

"I smell blood!" Tanjirō ran up the snowy hill, slipping and falling onto his face multiple times, his face burying into the snow and leaving his nose numb and rosy red.

Near the wooden house, he feared what would be up there, his mind flooded with very very pessimistic thoughts that nearly made him cry.

And turns out, his thoughts were proven correct..

His home left broken and covered with splattered blood. The front of the house was left a dark red bloody mess, he was able to see the bodies of his Mother, Nezuko, Shigeru, Takeo, Hanako, Rokuta and...

Yours..

It was left mangled. An arm missing, a huge chunk of your neck missing and half of your leg torn off. He looked around for your missing parts and found your missing arm, it was gripping something..

His unfinished flower crown.

FINISHED
LAST EDITED: 09 / 15 / 19

end note: i tried making this sad and emotional. i also tried to show tanjirō's and the readers relationship but i don't think i did a well enough job of that, but you'll be the judge of that. also it's all over the damn place and kinda confusing, sorry.. :]