Chapter 23 • Rivals Of The Year

Start from the beginning

           "But Coach Bradford said...." the male volleyball team captain says.

       "Then the choice is yours. Be Bradford's lapdog or be a captain of my circle," I say with my coldest smile before turning on my heels and walking as fast as I could.

      Lexus and Prescott are not the only ones here and the news about the former Vixen captain betraying her former team does not just circulate between the two. It runs all around the roster of participants. I'm not in the mood to be looked at like I'm wearing a sign that I'm fostering Lucifer's children. I need to stay out of the spotlight.

           "Okay listen up," I start when everyone has settled down on Bridget and I's room where the party was held last night.

           Austin and Jace surprisingly showed up but they made sure they're on measurable distance from me and our queen brat. Grayson's lounging on his abdomen on my bed with Evo and Bridget. And the rest just sort of scattered around, sat on the floor and leaned against the wall.

           "The Prescotts are not in any way intimidated by all of you," I drop it just like that, wounding all of their already defeated egos. Good job, Gold.

           "If you didn't ju——"

           "I don't need your mouth, Levy," I snap at him, glaring for a few seconds before turning back to our grinning co-players.

           "You certainly did before," he says and his mischievous grin drops as quickly as it appeared. The realization of what he has just said dawn on him.

           And it dawned on Austin and Jace, too. They way their faces turned dark and violent confirms that they get it. They must be thinking that I've made out with the spawn of Satan.

           But I have a different understanding. I don't give a damn about the kiss recently. Was Grayson talking about before, like two years ago?

           I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts. We're on game mode now so we all better focus and not dwell on irrelevant things, like Grayson's stupidity to be exact.

           "Today's game is a show game for Lexus but Prescott used this as a chance to study us. During the game, they've been nothing but observant, trying to look for any loopholes because they're sure I'll turn you as formidable as you all can be," I turn to Grayson who's scowling at me. He knows I have every intentions on smudging his reputation. "And your golden boy, the star quarterback, your resident bad boy, the——"

           "They get it," Grayson cuts in, scowl still on his face and I smirk.

           "Gave them something to toy with," I continue and everyone throws a meaningful side glance to the subject of the matter.

           "And that is?" asks Sam, Grayson's friend and the one who wore white pants on her red days. She's the captain of the women's volleyball team.

           "As if you didn't see what he did at the field," I scoff.

           "Err..." Evo starts and all attention is now on him. He scratches his head looking clueless. "Apart from Grayson attacking him because he's been ass since the start of the game, what else are you referring to?"

           I pinch the bridge of my nose. If I tell them what's the real deal, a whole new definition of Grayson-Harley will be out to the world. Guess this is now or never.