Separation and Revelation

Start from the beginning

"Pweaseeeeeee Sire!"

"Comet..." Ratchet sighed, just about ready to give in when he froze up, his audio receptors picking up sounds of movement nearby.

Panic once again took hold as he shot to a standing position, clutching Comet tightly and protectively to his chassis as he readied himself to fight. To protect his Sparkling.

At the back of his mind he considered that it could just be a docile Earth animal, but he knew what it likely was.

Comet frowned as he sensed his Sire's anxiety, it in turn making him worry as he looked around for whatever was making Ratchet so on edge. "What wrong Sire?"

Ratchet didn't respond, shifting on his peds slightly as his optics scanned the area for any assailants. When he heard more rustling in the bushes behind them he spun around, holding Comet securely in one servo while his other transformed into a blade. He waited in silence, Comet too to see what, or who was there.

The bushes rustled more violently, and both mechs looked apprehensive as something jumped out. Ratchet rushed forward, yelling his infamous "Hoo-ah!" as a battle cry, but he skidded to a halt and felt quite embarrassed when he saw it was just a rabbit.

"For Primus sake..." He mumbled with a groan. "Decepticons making me paranoid--"

He cut himself off when he heard a metallic humming closing in behind them. An all too familiar one that filled him with dread.

Slowly turning, Ratchet and Comet came face to face with Soundwave's dead stare, Laserbeak hovering with that hum beside his master.

At the sight of the tall, dark, menacing mech reaching out to them with that expressionless stare, Comet couldn't stop himself from screaming.

---

The cell the Decepticons had locked Ratchet and Comet in was small and not well lit. It was obviously not designed for comfort and Comet rightly felt terrified as he looked around the cell, burying himself in Ratchet's arms tighter, making his Sire sigh. Right now he felt powerless to protect his child, but he didn't want his child to know that.

"Comet, hey, look at me Comet." Ratchet said softly, carefully tilting the little Sparkling's head up to look at him. Carefully rubbing the tears from Comet's cheeks with his thumb, Ratchet spoke.

"Nothing is going to happen to you, Comet. No matter what happens I will keep you safe, trust me." He spoke seriously, gaze flickering to the cell door as two Vehicons entered the room. Ratchet felt even more uneasy as their gaze fell on his Sparkling.

"We have orders to take the Sparkling to Lord Megatron." One spoke simply and motioned for Ratchet to hand his child over. Normally the mech would be full of fight and determination to resist such a thing. But right now he was trapped in the middle of the Decepticon Warship itself, surrounded by thousands of Decepticons. Fighting would only scare Comet more and Ratchet didn't want him to be afraid. He figured that Comet wasn't in immediate danger of being hurt, as Megatron may have been a tyrant, but he wasn't a monster that would stoop to harming an innocent child.

So trying to keep as calm as he could for his son's sake, Ratchet set Comet down very gently on the ground and wrapped him in a loving hug.

"It's alright, don't be afraid Comet. I'll see you very soon. I love you." He whispered as a promise before the Vehicon was careful as he pulled Comet away, making him frown and whimper as he was lead away from his father.

"Sire?..."

The cell door slammed between them, leaving Ratchet alone in the cramped cell as Comet was pulled away.

"Sire!" Comet cried out as he was picked up extremely carefully by the Vehicon and within moments he lost sight of Ratchet as he was carried from the cell blocks and down the Nemesis' long corridors. Comet nervously looked around the new, in his opinion creepy surroundings.

He was taken into a large room that resembled a conference room, with a large table. And stood in front of it was Megatron himself. The large silver mech turned at hearing the doors open, and crimson optics landed on the little Sparkling as he was set on the ground and the Vehicons left. His mouth curved into a toothy smile.

"So, you are the famous Comet I've waited so long to meet." Megatron spoke in his usual manner, but it somewhat lacked its usual darkness as if in an attempt to be gentle. He crouched down so Comet could look at his face easier, but Comet shuffled back nervously.

"Who you?" He asked quietly, Megatron's blood red optics scaring him.

In response, Megatron gave one of his witch like cackles, his smile changing to a smirk.

"I am Megatron. Now, won't you get comfortable, little one? I have things to tell you."

Back in Ratchet's cell a screen appeared on the far wall, its sudden glow prompting him to look up and watch it. Seeing Megatron in such close proximity to Comet scared him enough to stand sharply and watch with wide optics.

Whatever Megatron wanted to tell Comet, it appeared he wanted Ratchet to hear too.

And the Warlord's next words almost made Ratchet's spark stop in horror.

"You see, little Sparkling, you are not an Autobot. You are one of us."

///

Wanna take the opportunity to thank 5carletteRose and DarkNight2202 for their constant support and love for this story and for helping me when I needed ideas and help and a pickmeup when I was being self hateful and negative.

mechanomorphic helped me decide a lot to do with Comet's family and they constantly keeps me going and I owe them a lot for telling me I'm good enough when I don't believe I am. They're amazing and I couldn't do it without them. Please go follow and check out their stuff  <3

To our Wattpad fanbase (Which we now dub "The Almighty Wrench Cult") recently I have come to reliaze how loving and supportive everyone is of eachother. You look out for eachother and that's amazing. Going forwards please continue to do so. Everyone needs people fighting their corner.

I think most of you have guessed by now this book is dead in the water. Nobody's fault, inspiration changes and slips away to other projects. I've grown a lot as a writer since this story and have moved on to better things.

Thanks to everyone who's joined me here since 2017 and beyond. I hope some of you may join me on my future writing endeavours, such as my current work "Galaxy Eyes".

Best wishes to you all, and thanks for three great years!

~ DarkerStars x