Bubbwles!

Hey guyys!

So I yesterday out of curiosity I totted up the number of views for this story from Fanfiction, Wattpad and Quotev, and am pleased to report that it has hit over 20,000 views in total!

That's insane guys! Thank you so so much! You lot make my life better for just being there. And I am forever grateful :)

So I start collage tomorrow, so updates are inevitably going to slow down. But I will strive to keep chapters as fast-coming as I can without harming their quality.

Ooh! And after meeting Optimus I met another celebrity this week! I met Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto Jones from Torchwood!!!) He was so fragging nice! Guess who he called "Sweetie"?... ME!!! XD

Anyways, have some cuteness from Comet :3

(Thanks to AllSpark Princess for the idea of Comet getting a bath.)

---

Hours later, Optimus received a request for a Groundbridge from Ratchet. The Prime had been attempting to contact his old friend since he had left, but got no response. And it was really worrying him.Ratchet rarely left the confinement of their base, which lead him to fear that his old friend may have been removed forcefully. He just hoped he was wrong.

After receiving the request, immediately Optimus complied and opened a bridge quickly, waiting in anticipation. 

Moments later, Optimus gave a mechanical sigh of relief when he saw Ratchet step through, carrying Comet closely in his arms. The medic gave his leader a small smile. Comet waved at the Prime sweetly.

"Ratchet, where were you, old friend?" Optimus asked, his previous worry showing in his tone. "We tried to contact you but received no response."

Ratchet shifted Comet slightly in his grasp, the sparkling responding by wrapping his arms around his Sire's neck and cuddling closer. Ratchet smiled and nuzzled his helm affectionately before resuming his conversation. "Comet was scared, so I thought a change of scenery would help."

Optimus nodded hesitantly, noticing Ratchet's increased affection towards his sparkling. "Did something happen while you were gone?" He asked curiously.

Ratchet frowned slightly. "Why do you ask?"

"You just seem more.. fond of Comet than previously." Optimus said observantly. 

The medic smiled and stepped forward. "We bonded."

Optimus blinked in surprise, then gave a slight smile in response. "May I offer my congratulations, old friend. I could not be more pleased for you both."

Ratchet nodded respectively. "Thank you Optimus." 

Optimus simply nodded, and the medic walked past him and headed down towards the berthrooms. "Now if you'll excuse us, Comet needs a bath."

--

Ratchet really wasn't kidding when he said Comet (and him for that matter) needed a bath. Their little day trip to the beach meant they both had sand stuck to them everywhere, bits of seaweed and gravel were lodged between their mechanical limbs, and they stank of saltwater. 

Acquiring a large metal bath-like tub from the storage room, Ratchet filled it with warm water and sat his little one in it gently after making sure it wasn't too hot for him. Comet actually quite seemed to like the water. The sparkling smirked and splashed around, sending water over the tub's sides and crashing to the floor.

"Yip yip yip, Comet!" Ratchet said as water splashed his faceplate. "We're cleaning you up, not making more of a mess."

Comet whined lowly and sat still. At this point, Raf wondered in. "Hey guys."