46| Mr. Stevens, the one and only

Isabella

Who was I deceiving? Of course I couldn't prepare egwusi soup . I knew how to prepare noodles, spaghetti, sauce, pancakes and that was just about it. I knew how to prepare those because, they were my favorite and I ate them a lot back in the day when I wanted a homemade dish. I would've learned how to prepare all sorts of soup but I never had the chance because I was busy being a bully and before I could come to my senses, I'd already moved to the US where I stated with my widowed aunt for some time before getting into college.

The Josh had burst into laughter when I'd told him the procedure was too long for me explain, made me embarrassed. Some how, I'd been so infatuated with him lately that I felt the need to impress him or at least prove to myself that I was a wife material.
To say I was nervous throughout the whole photoshoot and commercial shoot, would be an understatement. Josh was there throughout the whole thing and with the way he stared at me didn't help matters. I only felt shy and nervous which was a new one for me.

"Will you stop laughing like a fool? People are starting to stare" I said to Josh while pouring myself another glass of wine. It had been almost twenty minutes already and he was still laughing. Under the same twenty minutes, I'd finished a bottle of wine.

"Isabella Nwankwo, so you can lie like this?" he asked before he continued his laughter. I glared at him after which I ordered another bottle of wine. "Wait, what are you doing?" he asked when he finally stopped laughing while I tried to open the bottle. "You've already finished one bottle and you are opening another one?"

"Mind your business" I groaned while filling my glass. I didn't need anyone to tell me that I was already dead-ass drunk.

Josh was about to say something when a blonde, skinny girl wearing a black dress walked up to our table and grinned at Josh. "Joshua Stevens, I never thought I'd see you again"

Josh looked confused for a moment as he looked from me to the blonde girl, "Sorry, do I know you?"

"Stop playing around Josh, it's Nancy, don't you remember me?" she girl said with that grin still on her face. For some reason, I felt like grabbing her by the hair and pulling her out of the restaurant. She was just too flirty.

"No, I'm sorry, I can't remember you" Josh said

Nancy's expression immediately changed to shocked look, "So after fucking me, you don't know who I am?" she intentionally shouted that for everyone in the restaurant to hear. "You got what you wanted right? After sleeping with me, you suddenly don't know who I am?"

"What?! No -"

"Shut up!" the blonde cut Josh off. The whole thing was getting me pissed off. I couldn't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to play such a silly prank on a celebrity just because they know he lost his memory.

Yes, you read right. I could read people and I could tell the Nancy girl was lying. She was only trying to accuse Josh of sleeping with her because she knew very well that he couldn't remember a god damn thing.

The whole thing soon turned into an argument 'cause Nancy was pointing fingers at Josh and raising her voice too. I looked down at my untouched plate of akpu and I immediately knew what to do with it.

I took a handful of the akpu, grabbed Nancy's hair, pulled it backwards and smashed the smelly mold of akpu on her face. I ignored her yelps and screams as I pulled her hair with all my might. I was about to dump the egwusi soup on her hair to but Josh and the security men had already stopped me and pulled me away from Nancy.

Josh lifted me up from behind while I kicked my legs in the air trying to free myself from Josh's grip and finish what I'd started. Before I knew what was happening, I was pulled by the arm, out of the restaurant and into the parking lot.

"What is wrong with you?" Josh turned around to face me. I was so dizzy and I couldn't even count how Joshs I was seeing in front of me.

"You're cute when you're angry" I grinned. I had no idea what the hell I was saying but I said what I felt.

"You're silly when you're drunk" he smiled a little before staring at me like I was the last human on planet earth.

I had no control of my drunken state or my actions. So, without my permission, I was leaning in closer to Josh and surprisingly, he did the same.

And just when we were about to lock lips, I threw up all over him.

This is my favourite chapter LMAO 😂
What about you?