03| Second chances

I silently begged the floor to open up and swallow me.
Mom and the principal were looking at me expecting me to say something while I gave Daniel the this is not a good time for your pranks look.

"mom I can explain" I started not knowing exactly what to say "he's not my boyfriend, I swear I haven't been in any relationship since I came back "

"I this true? "the principal asked Daniel.

"Please say the truth" I begged Daniel with my eyes.

"yes she's right it was a year ago " Daniel admitted.

Phew! Thank God.

"okay, you can go now " the principal said to Daniel. He looked a little hurt telling from the expression on his face. He quietly left and I wanted to run after him but I couldn't.

"with that settled, Bella can you please excuse us we need to discuss something...private" mom said and I didn't hesitate to run out the door.

"Daniel! Daniel! " I called running towards him down the hall. The hallways were empty because classes were on and I thanked heavens for that.

"what? "he turned to look at me.

"it's nice to see you again" I didn't know what else to say.

"You too" he said dryly

"it doesn't look like it "

"you disappeared for almost two years without even sending a text or calling or even leaving a message and then you come back and expect me throw a party or what Huh? " he was obviously furious and the worst part is that I didn't even know what to tell him. I left but I don't know why I didn't call or something.

"I'm sorry I just needed to leave urgently and I'm sorry for not calling or texting you but... "

"but what?, even your best friend had no idea where you were the next thing we heard from your sister is that you weren't in Lagos anymore "

"I know but you shouldn't have told them that I'm your girlfriend you know "

"and why not?, last time I checked we never broke up" he deadpanned

Silence.

"it's nice to see you again " he said before walking away.

I felt so bad, I had no idea our ridiculous relationship meant so much to him. I never even like him that much I never thought our relationship was serious.

"that should never repeat itself again" mom said behind me "luckily she didn't change her mind after that boyfriend rubbish. I hope you still have your uniform you start tomorrow" she walked past me and headed to the car before I followed.

------------------------------------------------

I woke up with a horrible headache I stretched out for my phone and I turned it on to realize it was 7:41am and I laid back wanting to sleep more before I realized I was late!!!

I jumped off the bed rushing to the bathroom with my towel in one hand. I brushed my teeth and tooth a two minutes bath. I quickly put on my white long sleeve shirt, the black mini skirt and my black suit in a hurry. I grabbed my shoes in one hand and my tie in the the other. I wonder why Joy didn't wake me up.

I ran down the stairs bare footed and grabbed my bag which I left in the kitchen. I didn't see mom meaning she had already left for work and I didn't even want to talk to Joy out of as anger.

I ran outside and thankfully Musa was already waiting in the car. I hopped into the back sit before I began putting on my shoes and tie while Musa drove as fast.

I just can't be late on my first day back I have to make a good impression.

=================≈=======

We got to school and I ran into the compound like a mad person.

"hey! go to assembly hall oo" I heard the security man shout from behind.

I got to the huge building that was meant for assembly and my stomach started making sounds. That's when I realized I didn't have breakfast.

I walked into the assembly and suddenly all eyes were on me.

God save my soul.

A/N
Looks like Bella arrived with quite an appetite but let's hope she won't be the one eaten.

Okay people, this was an interesting short chapter, I think?
I'd love to see your comments and vote vote vote
The next chapters will be quite dramatic if I must say but stay tuned.
Do well to follow and add to your library for updates.

Thanks.