39| Operation: Get Isabella

Joshua

"What did you tell her?" I asked my mom as soon as we got into the car.

"Tell who?" mom asked knowing perfectly well who I was talking about. Amanda had stopped me from approaching Isabella.

I couldn't believe it. The girl that appeared in my dreams was the same Hollywood actress Amanda hated so much. Is that a coincidence?

"Isabella" I replied to my mom's silly question. We were already in the car and mom was seated in between Amanda and I in the back seat.

"I was only congratulating her on how successful she'd become" said mom. For some reason, she avoided my gaze.

"So I know her?"

"Yes" "No" mom and Amanda said in unison before they exchanged knowing looks. "Uhm... She was your classmate in highschool... That's all" mom lied. I knew there was definitely more to the story.

"But you said I didn't know her" I directed the question to Amanda.

"I didn't know you went to school together..." she gave her flimsy excuse. Knowing that Amanda and mom were lying to me only made me angry.

"Oh, so you didn't know? Do you even know anything about me?" my anger was now evident in my speech.

"Joshua, calm down...." mom pleaded.

"Don't tell me to calm down. I know you're lying to me" I shouted. The car suddenly felt heated up and stuffy. "Driver, stop the car" I commanded and he did as told.

I immediately got down from the car and Amanda ran after me. I didn't know my way around Los Angeles but I could tell we were still far away from my house.

The car had stopped on a highway and I walked really fast like I knew where I was going. "Josh! Josh!" Amanda called out because she couldn't keep up with my pace since she was on heels.

Without saying anything, I just kept walking further away in the opposite direction the car was going. I guess Amanda got tired of shouting and went back to the car since I couldn't hear her voice anymore.

I pulled my iPhone from my jacket pocket and dialed Stephanie's number and thankfully she answered immediately. "I need you to be in L. A by tomorrow. It's an emergency please"

"Okay, sure. What's the problem?" she asked.

"You'll know when you get here" I hanged and heaved a sigh. I hoped Stephanie would be the one person in my life to finally tell me the truth and quit lying to me.

Maybe Isabella Nwankwo was the one person who would help me regain my memory and mom and Amanda were keeping me away from her.

I knew I needed to speak with Isabella or I'd definitely go crazy.
_____________________

"What can I get you?" the blonde waitress asked us with a smile on her lips.

"I'll have coffee with extra sugar" I said to the waitress.

"Water would be fine" said Stephanie after which the waitress left to get our order. Stephanie turned to me and smiled, "I'm glad you're doing better than the last time I'd seen you"

"Yeah I'm not so sure about that" I mumbled looking down at the table before something caught my attention. "It that what I think it is?" I asked while inspecting the ring on her finger.

"Yeah..." she grinned.

"Who's the lucky guy?" I asked looking up at her face.

"You'll get to meet him soon enough" Steph replied. "So enough about me. Why did you call me here? And most importantly, why are staying at this hotel?"

"I'll explain everything..." the waitress came back with our orders, placed it on the table and left.

"So... You were saying?"

"Who is Isabella Nwankwo to me? Please be honest with me Steph. Right now, you're the only person who can tell me the truth"

Stephanie's expression changed. She sighed and took her time before she finally told me everything and I listened without interrupting her. "So... That's it."

I took my time to process everything she'd just said to me and I knew she was telling the truth because everything felt so natural to me. Everything made complete sense. "So, from what you're telling me, I'm... I mean, I used to love Isabella?"

"I think you still do since she appears in your dreams. Maybe she's the only one who can help you regain your memory." Steph said suddenly feeling excited.

"Then I must find her by all means" I said

"Well.... I heard she's attending this party tomorrow. I hope you have a tux 'cause we're going to party!"

A/N: So I woke up today to see that Isabella is at 10k reads! I really appreciate this.
Please keep supporting this book.
QQ: What do you think will happen next?