Souls-13

**Alanna's POV**

"What volcano is that?" I pointed at an extremely large volcano that was randomly sitting in the middle of the ocean! Surely it was attached underground somewhere, but we were so far out into the ocean I had a hard time believing it was touching the ground.

"That's Pyra's. It doesn't have a name because only we can see it. We'll have to go through her to get to Sedna."

"There's no other way around it?"

"Unfortunately no. Unless you want to be burned alive."

"I'll pass, how do we get through?"

"Most likely Pyra will want to speak to us. If we do, choose your words carefully. We don't need another enemy."

The closer we got, the more heat emitted towards us. Smoke was billowing out of the volcano.

"Is is not dormant?"

"It is, Pyra just.. shall we say is releasing steam from there."

"So that's why we shouldn't get on her bad side?"

"Partially."

The smoke seemed to be encircling us as the Nightlock approached the entrance.

"Try not to inhale too much smoke."

Her kingdom was scorching hot! Literally. The farther we went in, the cooler it finally became. It was almost like Hell but on top of water... If that was even the best way to explain what I saw seeing. Magic was a strange thing I was beginning to accept during this voyage.

Everywhere I looked, lava was morphed into rock and molded into furniture. There was even a lava fountain! No no one was present when we entered.

"Queen Pyra?" Patch called out.

A door opened that had the effect of a lava waterfall on it. My eyes then trailed to a woman who was encased in flames and brown. Her dark brown dress was a mermaid style and clung to her every move. The movement made sparks fly and her hair was a dark red that shimmered as if it was on fire.

"How good to see you Patch, Caleb." Her eyes flickered to me and I stood my ground.

"She reeks of saltwater, is this a mermaid from the Teardrop Kingdom?"

"No your highness, this is Sedna's... daughter we believe. Alanna, meet Queen Pyra."

Her gaze softened and a smile was brought to her lips. "My, I never realized Sedna had a daughter. Never the less such a stunning one."

"Thank you, your Grace," I added quickly.

"What brings you this way Caleb?" Pyra now asked with interest. "Please sit."

Caleb recounted the events as Pyra auscultated with interest.

"My you are on quite a journey Princess."

"Yes ma'am." Princess sounded foreign to me, how could I be the Princess of an underwater world I have never even heard of or imagined?

Caleb remained still as Pyra spoke the word, it seemed he was thinking the same thing... I had a feeling things were bound to become even more complicated than they were already.