Souls-16

**Caleb's POV**

"Souls!" Jewel ran in breathless.

"What is it now?" I growled, clearly not in the mood to deal with anything else.

"Alanna went overboard."

"She what!" I roared in disbelief, my eyes shining silver.

"She went over. I don't know how but her dress is on the deck. Guess she went for a swim." Jewel tried to sound calm about the situation but I could tell it was unnerving her as much as it was for me.

I ran out to the deck and saw nothing in the water.

"Damn it, what if something happened. Patch! I'm going in."

"Captain I think she just needed some space."

"Jumping into the ocean is not something I would advise."

"I know but maybe that's her way of thinking. She's still learning Caleb, we'll get her out once she's blown off some steam. You can't always have the mentality that you control her. Her mom is Sedna, a high-spirited, fierce and stubborn sea goddess."

Deep down I know Patch was right but I couldn't get her in danger. My priority was to deliver her safely to her moms. Which meant Alanna needed to listen to me or at least take into consideration that I cared about her safety.

Yeah right if she was anything like her mom, she was going to be high strung and stubborn as hell.

"Women," I huffed and slammed the door to my quarters, hating the fact that I would have to wait on her to appear on the ship again.