Souls-17

**Alanna's POV**

The water was clearer under than on the surface. My eyes adjusted so I could peer at the boat which was about ten feet away from where I was. Hopefully I cold just swim for a little bit before having to get back on. Caleb wasn't going to know that I left, at least not for a little while. Besides no one would realize I had jumped.

My tail propelled me farther away until the boat was barely visible.

"Freedom," was all I could say and felt the current tempting me to just go with it. Giving in, it started to pull me farther away.

"I wonder what Mason is doing..." My feelings for him were still there but not as great. I was in love with Caleb... or at least he loved me, I just liked him a lot. Even if he was stubborn and seemed to be scowling all the time at his crew for no reason.

The Ring started glowing and became really hot on my finger. Why was it hot? I was underwater.

Resurfacing, I started back towards the Nightlock before something else happened.

"Patch!" I yelled as I got closer and felt the Ring grow hotter.

This doesn't make any sense, what was happening!

"Patch! Help me!"

A head peaked over the ship and I screamed louder.

Something was grabbing me. A force of some kind that restricted my movements. If I wasn't able to break free I would drown.

"Alanna!" Caleb yelled as I went under and swished my tail fervently to resurface. Why couldn't I swim? My hand tried to remove the Ring but it was so hot I couldn't even touch it. The gem glowed bring under the water and revealed Caleb a few feet away swimming towards me. I struggled and tried to breathe under the water but I couldn't seem to breathe this time.

Arms wrapped around me and pulled me hard as I was dragged towards the boat. Someone hauled us up and I was laid on the deck as Jewel placed a towel around me. My legs were trying to change back but they wouldn't. I was shivering as my body refused to change.

"Patch what's happening to her?" Caleb growled grabbing my hand and dropped it when feeling how how it was.

"That Ring needs to come off Souls," Jewel yelled and drew some water to put on my legs.

"You think I don't know that. I don't know how to take it off! Patch how far away are we from Sedna?"

"A few miles."

"Get her there, now."

Patch picked me up and carried me over to the edge.

"We'll follow," Caleb said and Patch nodded.

"What... what are you doing?" I asked trying to comprehend the situation.

"I'm like you princess. Now let's get you to your mom."