Souls-1

**Hey everyone! I realize this book needs editing so I'm slowly rewriting it for like the fourth time! Feedback is welcome, but try to understand it's been a long time since I've looked at this. It was supposed to be a trilogy, but only made two... So we'll see how this goes! Trying to make it longer.**

**Alanna's POV**

The salty sea air hung heavy around the island as my friends and I got ready to go sail. Mason, Jose, Raegan and I were going to head out towards the isolated islands to do some exploring. The trip would take nearly an hour just to get over there but none of us ever minded.

With the sun high in the sky, I headed towards The Dagger which was Mason's boat.

Jose was pulling the stuff onto the deck while flirting with Raegan. Everyone knew they were going to be a couple. We just didn't know when. Jose was shirtless at the moment and his muscles quivered with every step. Across his bicep was a tattoo of some verse or phrase in Spanish. He shot me a grin and came over to hug me real quick. Jose seemed all tough and intimidating, but in reality he was like a big teddy bear.

He picked me up and swung me around saying, "Alanna you're here! Raegan thought you would be coming with Mason."

"Nope I have no idea where he is actually."

Raegan came over and hugged me as well. Her long strawberry-blonde hair was pulled back and I realized she was just in shorts and a bikini top, reminding me of Daisy Duke in a way.

"Do you have a swim suit Alanna?" she asked pursing her lips.

"Yep," I answered throwing my shirt at Jose, leaving me in a mini white denim skirt and a bikini top.

"Ouhh ouhh!" Jose whooped and then I felt Mason grab me and lift me over his shoulder.

"Mase! Put me down," I cried while giggling.

"Aww come on Lanna, lighten up," he said using my nickname.

Mason was tan, almost as dark as Jose, and he was built as well. As much as I liked Mason, it had never occurred to me to see us as having anything more than a brother and sister type bond. It would just make things too awkward.

I stuck my tongue out and took a seat next to Raegan as Mason and Jose finished putting our supplies on The Dagger.

"Are we ready?" Raegan asked looking at the sky to make sure we were still in good condition to leave.

There was not a cloud in the blue sky which either meant it would stay nice and sunny or change into a horrendous storm. The water was shimmering with all the sea life frolicking around. Australia was one of the most magnificent places ever! It was the best place to live but that was just my opinion.

"Yea we're ready. Keep an eye on the weather though everyone." Mason called as we set out into the depthless Pacific.