Souls-10

**Caleb's POV**

"Patch! Help me!" I yelled as I placed Alanna's frail body on the table.

"Captain?"

"What's wrong with her!"

"I... I don't know sir, let me see."

He peered at her and mused, "What was it she said?"

"Don't let me... sleep I think... Why?"

"Hmm," Patch examined the Ring and saw the stone was pure white!

"That doesn't look good. I thought the Ring had healed her?"

"It did! Why won't it do that now?" I cried.

"I don't know but we need to figure out what she is quick, so we can help her. Get me some water."

Jewel ran in with water and I held it to Alanna's lips. Her eyes flew open and I cried, "Whoa!"

They had turned a misty white. Her skin was a lighter and I swear her hair was changing colors.

"She's, Alanna's a..."

"Sedna."

"Wait... Oh God she is. How could I not have realized this? Will the mermaids be okay with her?" I questioned.

"I... don't know. How has she been able to hide her form for so long?"

"Who knows. Should we tell her?"

Jewel walked up and declared, "Yes but Souls you can't be with her. She belongs to the sea now."

I watched as she began to go back to her human form. "Why didn't the Ring cure her?"

"It may be trying to help her transform... I don't really know Souls. No one has true knowledge of what this Ring can do exactly." Patch claimed.

I sighed in frustration, "Okay I'll figure something out."