Souls-19

**Alanna's POV**

Everything was moving so fast. I found my mom... who was one of the most powerful people in the whole universe! I mean no pressure or anything.

Caleb finally arrived with the rest of his crew and settled into the parlor. He couldn't take his eyes off me but I didn't blame him. I had been cleaned an almost transformed into someone I never knew existed. My hair had been pulled back with shells and even my tail seemed to shimmer. Was this really who I was?

"As I was saying," Sedna started, "Alanna, is not your real name dear. It is Aida. I had sent you up to the land so you would be safe from harm.. There are far worse things then Sampson Blackheart Mr. Souls. You must keep that in mind."

"Yes your grace," Caleb replied.

"Is there a reason for why Aida found the Ring?" Jewel asked.

"Yes. Her father created that Ring. It is a heirloom that is passed down in our family."

"My father is Charlie!" I cried and felt the Ring brighten at the mention of his name.

"Yes, he is the only one who knows its true power."

"So I'm part human, and you?"

"Pirate my dear, not human," she spoke gently.

"That's insane... I'm human. This is all a dream. None of this can possibly be real."

"Aida this is not a fantasy, this is real. You lived an imaginary life while you were in Australia. No one knew any better."

"So Caleb was going to find me at some random point and bring me to you?"

"No, Alanna... I didn't know. My missions was to find the Ring. Once realizing you were related to Sedna, I knew we would have to return you. Patch came along because he needed to get a ride and try to figure out where you were. Please believe me," Caleb pleaded as I turned away.

I was appalled by all of this. The world I had been living in was fake. I had been living a secret identity without any way of knowing who my parents were.

"I do believe you..."

Patch approached me while I was sitting in a bedroom just trying to wrap my head around everything.

"Do you even need a patch for your eye?"

"No... I do that to disguise myself. I'm sorry Princess. We did not mean to upset you. We were just trying to protect you. At the time we thought that was best. I especially realize that it was not. Don't take this out on Caleb, none of this is his fault. If you were to blame anyone, blame me."

His words rang true so I simply nodded.

"What happens now? Do I stay with my mom? Or do I get to travel with Caleb?"

Patch sighed and flicked his tail, "Whatever you decide Princess, I will support you. I have to protect you regardless."

"Thank you, do you know where I can find Caleb?"

"I believe he is talking with your mother but I'm not for sure." With that he let to attend to his duties I guess.

"Here goes nothing," I murmured swimming towards the door.