Chapter Twenty

***

Another two days had passed and Sam had slowly recovered, Sofia and David already left to settle their end and will come back if things don't go out as planned. In case the plan of coming out to Sofia's parents doesn't work out, then the couple decided to run away as well.

Sam laid on Zach's shoulder as they watched with the kids their fourth movie of the day. Allen and Alex had already fallen asleep but the couple enjoyed watching the movie on each other's arms. Sam snuggled close to Zach while Zach played with his lover's soft curly hair until the movie had ended.

" We should sleep soon, you still haven't recovered. " Zach reminded as they watched the credits of the movie.

" Hmm, we need to move these two as well or they'll catch the flu. " Sam replied agreeing. Sam and Zach finally removed themselves from each other and each carried Allen and Alex and walked towards their room. When Sam had finally tucked the two on the bed, he kissed their foreheads whispering his goodnights.

" They look so peaceful. I wish we could just stay like this forever. " Sam said as he remembered that this borrowed peace was in the end, just borrowed. It will soon end and become chaotic again.

" If my plan work, it will soon be the same as this. " Zach said and hugged Sam from the back. He wanted to give Sam the peace he wanted but with their situation, it's just not that simple. He could give it Sam but it wouldn't be forever unless both their families give up and just let them be together. Just let them be happy with the family they found and love.

" I know, I trust you. " Sam nodded, he had promised to trust Zach as he couldn't when they were younger. Sam and Zach went to their room and later on settled in bed to finally have their sleep.

In the middle of the night, as the two were peacefully sleeping on each other's arms. Zach woke up to see Alex standing beside him sobbing. When saw this, Zach immediately spread his arm and urge the little kid to hug him.

" Papa, there's a monster in Allen and Alex's window. " Alex told Zach still sobbing.

" Okay, don't be afraid. Papa will be here to protect you. Papa will make the monster disappear. " Zach assured and urges the little kid to come and sleep with him but Alex just shakes his head and continued to cry.

" A-Allen, he'll get eaten by the monster. " Alex sobbed worried about his twin who's still sleeping at the other room.

" Okay, you stay here with Mama and Papa will come and save Allen. " Zach offered sitting up from his laying position but Alex once again shakes his head left and right, but this he had slightly calmed down from crying as Zach wiped his tears dry.

" Alex wants to save Allen with Papa. " The little boy insisted despite crying because of the monster earlier. Zach smiled and rubbed Alex's and throwing his leg to the side to get off of the bed.

" Okay, let's come and save Allen together. " Zach helplessly agreed as he carried Alex on his arm. As they were trailing the way to the next room Zach had almost immediately noticed the human-like shadow moved against the window. Zach suddenly felt alert, he immediately puts down Alex and instructed to go wake up Sam. The little boy confused, but he did was he's told and run towards the room he had just come out off with his father.

Zach on the other hand, silently walked close to the window to come and confirm what had he seen. Was he just imagining the shadow or not? When he saw nothing outside, Zach calmed down a little, but just in case he paced to the twin's room and carefully lifted Allen's sleeping body to his and walked towards their room.

" Zach, what happened? " Sam immediately after seeing Zach with Allen on his arm.

" Alex said there was a monster in their window. " Zach simply then moved to lay Allen on the bed. Alex finally calmed down as well seeing his twin was safe.

" I saw a shadow moved, a human shadow. " Zach added which made Sam worry, his heart started beating fast nervously.

Meanwhile, a group of people in a black uniform with rifles on their arms paced their way around the area. These people had to wait to pass midnight before starting to move.

They have only one mission at hand, retrieve Samuel Abiñon, Allen Abiñon, and Alex Abiñon. They had been observing the house for hours now as they studied the ins and outs of the building, although they had been told the case was kidnapping, it obviously wasn't. But as a person coming from the military, orders as the most absolute. Your own opinion doesn't matter, all you have to do is follow the mission given to you by the officials and when it's done you can go home and rest. Like any other mission from the past, they want to execute it as quietly as possible. Avoid men falling on the battlefield.

" Zach, What do we do? " Sam said terrified after lulling Alex to sleep as well.

" Prepare yourself, I know someone is out there. " Zach warned as he walked towards a small drawer and pulled out two handguns. The moment Sam saw the guns, his eyes started to water shaking his head left and right.

" No Please... " Sam worriedly, terrified of what would happen with a gun involved. He watches how fast Zach wore his gun holster and installed one of the guns a silencer. He took a few bullet magazines out of the drawer and checks them before putting on his holster.

" They won't be shooting at us. This just for self-defense, I would never let them take you away from me again, okay? " Zach assured walking close to Sam and kissed his forehead. Hearing what his lover had said, Sam nodded but he couldn't keep the tears from continuously flowing.

" Dave told me this just in case, " Zach said walked to the closet and pushed a button before it opened and revealed a pathway down. Because Dave is a member of an elite government security agency, he specially customized the house with a 150 meters pathway escape route that would lead to the neighbor's backyard.

" Where does that lead to? " Sam asked as he carried Alex on his arm, Zach took a duffle bag from underneath the bed and then slowly lifted the sleeping Allen on his arms.

" The neighbor's backyard. " Zach simply replied as he moved fast when he heard footsteps outside the room. Sam indecisively move as well and soon the couple trailed the way towards their neighbor's backyard.

At the same time, when the group of men scanned the whole house, they found no one.

* * *

" YOU USELESS PIECE OF---" Gregory didn't finish what he wanted to say and threw his phone to the wall while Mrs. Abiñon just massaged her temples in frustration.

" Just let the kids be Greg, " She said signing, she was sitting on the chair watching how his husband had become so furious.

" No! The Welton's will not take my own flesh and blood and grandsons like how they took Dad away from me and Mom. I would never allow it. " Gregory growled at her wife still angry about how she betrayed him. How she betrayed his trust, he had hoped to see Sam when she comes back but instead, she came back with no one. Additionally, Allen and Alex were with Sam and his wife didn't even take them.

" Greg! Please, stop this madness. Can't you see we'll only bring pain to our only son? Haven't you learn anything from these past few days? Sam got sick and Allen and Alex got lost, thankfully Zacheus Welton found them by accident, by accident!!! If it weren't for him, Allen and Alex would still have been missing until now. Can't you let go of the past, for our son!? for Allen and Alex!?" Mrs. Abiñon burst in frustration, sometimes it's just really difficult to get through his husband's thick skull. That's also why Sam is so stubborn, it's because he took it from his father.

" Leave me alone for now! " Gregory hissed after hearing what his wife had said. Of course, he doesn't want to his family turned out like the past days, but he can never let a Welton get ahead of his family ever again.

Seeing that she can't get through Gregory, Mrs. Abiñon chose to leave the room or they'll both end up arguing again.

" Just Please, think it through, Greg. " Mrs. Abiñon begged as she left the room signing.

Meanwhile, as Sam and Zach tried to escape another group of men had successfully blocked their way.

* * *

To be continued. . .

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW.

Zach's Secret Babies (ON-HOLD)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara