Chapter Nineteen

* * *

" I'm really sorry mom. I've failed you and dad all the time. " Sam hugged his mother, this the first time his mother had supported him and it really made him emotional. Mrs. Abiñon rubbed Sam's back, she felt genuinely happy for his only son. 

" I understand you Sam, I was the same. The reason why  I wanted to straighten you up is  because I saw myself in you. I did a many mistake at your age, I just didn't want you to be the same. I don't hate you because of your sexuality Sam, I want you to know that. Your father as well doesn't hate you because of something so trivial, just that your father have something with the Welton's that he could not accept but maybe after some time he will accept the both of you together. "  Mrs. Abiñon explained after their hug. Sam nodded sniffling, but questions now flooded his mind like why father hated the Welton's so much? 'It could not just because of the top 1 position right?' Sam thought, Zach also doesn't know the answer to this. Sam just really wants to know the root of this feud between their family and hopefully find ways to fix it.

" Mom, w-why does dad hates the Welton's so much? It could not just because of money right? " Sam finally asked his mother then looked at Zach who were just beside them with Allen and Alex on his lap. Even Zach doesn't know the reason why the Abiñon's were taboo within his family specially his father. Zach learn from Sam that they are technically cousins because Zach's grandmother married Sam's grandfather, Sam and Zach's fathers technically grew up as brothers despite not being related by blood until Sam's grandfather died and split the inheritance.

Hearing Sam's question, Mrs. Abiñon sigh looking straight to Sam. " I don't know much, all I know is that your father said and believed that your grandfather didn't love him and his mother,  your grandfather didn't treat him as his son unlike how he treated your father..." Mrs. Abiñon said looking now at Zach. Zach didn't react and continued to listen. " When I met your father he was so broken like I was, we found comfort from each other because we both had problems with our fathers. Your father always hated Garry and his step mother, I once met her when I stayed over once at the family mansion and she was a nice woman but your father hated her,  he couldn't accept that your grandfather love and treated her and Garry a family more than him and his mother. Your father grew up without paternal love and he blamed Garry and his mother for it. " Mrs. Abiñon continued after looking back to Sam. She supported her husband all these years but deep inside she also wished Gregory would someday learn to accept and forgive.

" W-why does grandfather treated father and grandmother so badly? " Sam asked but his mother only sigh indicating she doesn't know the reason.

" Only your father knows the answer to that or your father..." She looked at Zach this time. " This feud didn't rooted from your fathers. This I only observed, if you can ask your father maybe you'll learn what's the truth, maybe there something more deeper in this. " Mrs. Abiñon suggested to Zach. Zach just nodded despite ignoring his parents calls for the last 4 days. He wasn't planning on going back if he'll only be force into a political marriage again when Sofia rejects.

" Thank you mom, although we still don't know the real reason. I think I can understand dad better now, I always thought it's all about the money. "  Sam confessed feeling sorry.

" I can understand why you thought that way. "

" I'm sorry mom. "

" Don't worry about it, just focus on your healing and your escape and be more careful now. You know your father have a lot of contacts, just look how easy it was to find you. And you, you take care of my son and grandsons! Don't underestimate your father's connections. "