Chapter Twenty-Six

* * *

"Please...Please just stop it!" Sam begged again and again as his tears streaming down nonstop. This was the first time in along time Sam had become like this. The first one was when he came out about his pregnancy. And of course, despite his character, Gregory Abiñon's heart sunk painfully for his one and only child. He only wanted what was best for Sam. Was he really being too much? But then again, he would never admit that.

"Y-you said you're d-doing this for me, for my children but you're slowly ruining us. So please... just stop it Dad. Before Allen and Alex grows up hating you completely." Sam conveyed, his tears continued to stream down nonstop despite of him wiping them every chance he got.

"The twins are smart, Dad. They knew something is going on and I'm tired to make excuses just so they wouldn't hate you. You're my father and I didn't want that. Even though you and mom were never really a good parents to me, I still love you both. B-but enough is enough! I'm grown enough to stand on my own. I am no longer obliged to listen to you but I did because I respected you. But I've had enough, Dad. I love you but I love my children more and my children needs Zach... You have you learn to accept that." Sam said without stopping between his painful sobs. It hurts to say this to his parents but it has to be done or they'll never know how much they're ruining their only son and grandchildren.

Meanwhile, listening to Sam's words, Gregory had become flabbergasted. Aside from he was shocked to hear his son talk back to him, everything he had done flashed in his mind and he began to question himself. He tried to say something but nothing was coming out of his mouth.

"M-mama..." Suddenly between all this drama, a small and weak voice called from the hospital bed. Because of the loud voices, he was forced to wake up even though he felt dizzy and weak due to his fever. Of course, as soon as Sam heard him, he quickly marched to his son and gently kissed his forehead as he tried his best to stop his voice from trembling.

"I-I'm sorry, Baby. Was mama being too loud? I'm sorry, I won't do it again so you can go back to sleep again, okay?" Sam said softly, caressing his son's warm forehead.

"Hmmn, okay... But why is mama crying? Is it grandmama and grandpapa?" Alex asked innocently. He might be young but he knew Sam was fighting with his grandparents recently but his mama just kept on denying it. Ever since they arrived at their grandparents' house, his Mama had been crying a lot so of course, the twins would notice. Even though Sam denied it always, they knew what was the truth.

"Oh no, Baby. It's not grandmama and grandpapa. This is nothing. Now, hurry up and sleep, okay? You're still sick, my baby. You have to get better so Mama won't get worried." Sam whispered between his sniffles even though he tried not to make it so obvious. The twins are very protective of him and once he confirmed the twins' suspicions, they will surely hate their grandparents which he didn't want.

Meanwhile, hearing what the child had said, Gregory was unable to say more, and instead of confronting Sam further, he decided to turn around and leave with his wife following him.

After 10 minutes or so, Zach and Allen arrived in the hospital in a hurry. He quickened his pace towards the hospital room where Alex was admitted. Allen had a lot of questions but he was too disoriented to answer and instead he just continued to walk until they reached the room praying that his family was still there. Thankfully, as soon as his eyes laid on the Mother and son, Zach's fast-beating heart slowly calmed down.

"I rushed here when I heard he was here. Are you okay?" Zach asked in slight relief, approaching Sam. If somehow Sam and Alex were taken away from him again, he would not have known what he would do. Thankfully, they're still there.

Zach put Allen down on the bed where his twin was, while he quickly hugged Sam. At the same time, as soon as Sam saw his lover, his tears started streaming down and he bawled loudly despite having Allen watching him. He couldn't help himself. He was too heartbroken and seeing Zach there for him, he could no longer prevent his tears from falling.

"H-He blamed me... Have said t-this was all my fault..." Sam mumbled, bawling in sorrow. Allen who watched this got worried but he remained silent knowing that his Mommy was being comforted by his Daddy.

"Don't listen to him. This was never your fault, Sam. Don't blame yourself. If there was anyone, it should've been me. I was not brave and strong enough to protect you and our children. If only I was more worthy, your father wouldn't have been so against our relationship." Zach said and smiled helplessly. However, disagreeing with his words, Sam shook his head left and right.

"No. T-this was neither our fault..." Sam disagreed and slightly pulled away from the hug and stared at his lover's eyes. His tears were still streaming down that Zach had to catch every drop with his thumb.

"Zach, let's get married... I don't care what Dad thinks of our relationship anymore. I don't need his approval. We don't need his approval. I just want to be with you and our children forever without thinking of anybody else. If Dad continues to despise our marriage, our relationship, then we'll have to live with it. He'll have to live with it. I-I no longer want to be miserable, Zach. I want to be with you and I'm sure Allen and Alex want that too." Sam added. Tears still streaming down but his eyes were filled with determination. He had been submissive to his father since he was young. It was time for him to decided for himself. He was no longer the little child he once was and he needed to make his own decisions and take responsibility for it.

"Are you sure? I want to marry you as soon as possible but I don't want you to have any regrets. Give it a little rest and when you've calmed down and thought things through, please tell me again that you want to marry me and I will gladly do so in a heartbeat." Zach said caressing his lover's damp cheeks. Sam was currently upset with his father but he knew how much Sam loved his parents so even though he was delighted with the offer, he needed his lover to be one hundred percent sure.

Listening to Zach's words, Sam didn't replied right away as he chewed on his lips thinking. Zach was right. He's being impulsive because he's upset. However, there's no doubt that he wanted to marry Zach despite the odds. He no longer wants to wait but it is also right to think this through when he's mind isn't influenced by his emotions.

"O-okay. Thank you, Zach...For always understanding me." He finally replied and once again hugged Zach, rubbing his face against his chest.

"No problem. I'll be with you every step of the way. I'll wait for you no matter how long."

After the crying session, Sam finally shifted his attention to Allen who was all this time looking at his parents in patience, waiting for his turn to comfort his Mommy.

"Mommy, are you okay now?" The little boy asked, slowly standing on the bed to he could level his height to his Mommy and tried to wipe his damp lashes with the sleeves of his pajamas, before briefly hugging Sam for comfort.

"I'm sorry, Baby. You had to see Mommy like that, but I'm okay now. You don't need to worry, okay?" Sam said while Zach nodded in agreement to assure the little man. Before Zach had arrived, Allen was the man of the family and he took him to himself and decided to take good care of his Mommy but now that he had a Daddy, he was happy that he could leave his Mommy in his Daddy's care.

"Allen not worried anymore because Daddy's here to make Mommy happy. Allen is just glad Alex is asleep. Alex will be sad if Mommy cries." Allen replied with an adorable smile on his lips. And he was right, as much as he didn't like seeing his Mommy cry, but compared to Alex, his twin will definitely become sad if their Mommy was sad as well. And a sad Alex, is something Allen didn't want to see.

"You're right. You're such a clever boy, my Love. Anyway, aren't you sleepy?? Daddy interrupted your sleep so you could come here."

"It's okay. I am sleepy but Allen can still sleep next to Alex. I'll be with Alex until he's healed just like always, Mommy." Allen giggled and looked at his sleeping twin. He grew up constantly seeing Alex being sick and also help take care of him thats why both of them are inseparable. If he wasn't woken up in the middle of the night and found out the next morning that his twin was in a hospital, he would have been very upset.

"Your twin will be happy if the first thing he sees is you. I'm sure if you take good care of him, he will get better quickly."

* * *

To be Continued...