Chapter Seventeen

* * *

" Thanks again Mau, send my regards to the boys. "

" Yeah man, no problem. "

After the whole rescue mission Zach immediately brought Sam to the next city, but as soon as they arrived, Sam was running with high fever so Zach needed to admit Sam to the hospital and found out Sam had stomach ulcer and was at risk of developing a hole on his stomach. Zach already knew something was wrong when he saw his lover at the forest, but he never expected it to be this fatal.

Sitting on the chair next to the bed where Sam was laying, Zach held his beloved's thin hands. Sam is now stable but he is still running a slight fever. Zach sigh and caressed Sam's pale cheeks with his other hand.

Zach never thought 5 days would make this much effect on Sam, although Zach also had not slept and ate properly, his condition wasn't like Sam's. Drawing his hands away, Zach stood up and grab his phone thinking of both Allen and Alex. Zach already decided to take his new found family away even if he has to abandon the life he has.

" Daddy, where's mommy? " Allen asked the second the phone connected. Zach already informed the twins that he had rescued their mother but Zach didn't say he's currently in the hospital. He knew the kids would worry so he had to keep it for a little while until the kids arrive at the city.

" Mommy is sleeping right now. He's tired from the travelling. Don't worry  tomorrow, Auntie Sofia will send you two here, then you will see your mommy again. " Zach assured but Allen whined sounded upset. It's the fifth day he hasn't seen his mother and he's obviously being impatient.

" B-but daddy, I want to see mommy now. " Allen grumbled. It's the very first time both Allen and Alex had been separated from their mother for such a long time and he hated seeing his twin brother Alex being sad because they couldn't see their mother.

" I'm sorry baby. " Zach replied unable to think what to say to his son. He heard Allen sobbed from the other line making him feel guilty. In times like this, he's absolutely clueless on what to do or say.

" Papa, Alex understand. Both Allen and Alex will wait and see mama tomorrow. Allen and Alex both misses mama and papa. " Alex brittle, making Zach heave a sigh of concern. Alex obviously sounded like he was also about to cry.

" Thank you baby, don't worry, when mama wakes up I'll tell him to call again. Okay? " Zach cooed, hoping that it will calm the two down. Even though Alex acted brave and calm, Zach knew he too was eager to see Sam.

" Okay papa. " Alex nodded while looking at his crying twin which was now hugging Sofia's torso. It's only been their second day in the couple's house but they've both warmed up to them since they're Sofia and her fiance was very nice, although her lover, Dave, looked kinda scary and intimidating, he was also very nice to both Allen and Alex.

" okay, It's almost late now, go to sleep and tomorrow, you will see mama. " Zach assured which Alex nodded okay before hanging up saying his goodbyes.

" Allen, don't cry. Papa said we'll see mama again tomorrow so if we sleep now tomorrow will come quickly. " Alex wiped his tears threatening to fall as he cooed his twin giving the phone back to Sofia.

" Alex is right Allen, first thing tomorrow we'll travel to see your mommy and daddy. " Sofia added smiling caressing the little boy's hair. Allen was still sobbing but he nodded okay, pulling away from Sofia's torso. Sofia wiped the little boy's tears before they all stood and trailed the way to the guest room. After Sofia tuck's both in the bed she finally left sighing.

" What's wrong? " Dave who had been in the living room working on some papers for his new job, asked when his lover hugged him from the side.

" I'm thinking, how about we run away too? " Sofia skeptically thought earning a smile from her partner.