Chapter 56

"Six hundred." The person by the counter said breaking me out of my thoughts.
"I...this pendant..." I said.
"Aria!" I heard Brandon call.
"I'm coming!" I said.
"Sir, can you tell me who else brought this pendant?" I asked him.
"Ma'am not many people brought this since it's cost is a little bit steep. There was about three people whom brought this." He said.
"Give me the names please." I said.
"Are you are cop? I need to see some identification." He said.
"No I'm not a cop. But its important that I know who brought those pendants." I said.
"Sorry I can't do that." He said.
"Aria! We've been calling you out for so long." Brandon said.
"Thank you sir." I said before grabbing the ball and leaving quickly. From the reflection on the glass wall I saw Brandon looking at me confused before leaning into the counter and telling the guy something. I just quickly followed Scott and Selena to the car.

*****
The Next Day...

After arriving at my parents, I decided to stay the night since it was already dark and we were told by my mom and dad that we must stay for dinner. Right now I'm at the dining table with everyone else. They were all chatting and eating. Veronica was in the crib next to us. She was asleep. I think she sleeps a lot. I know she definitely got that from me. I love sleeping a lot. In fact I can sleep whole day. But now I just can't stop thinking about how to get those names from the guy at the mall. I need to be a cop in order to get that. Unless I can  buy something from him and he'll write my name down. Then maybe I can get someone to distract him and I can quickly snap a picture. But then again, there is cameras all over. Maybe I can get Justin to cut down the camera footages or shut it down for two minutes until I get that picture. This is going to get me into so much trouble! Ugh!! Sash! You sure did give me a hell of an assignment. More like an last wish.
"Aria?!" I then broke out of my thoughts as I heard my mother's voice and someone shake me which happens to be her again. I realize that my hand was still holding the fork and as I kept turning it inside the bowl of noodles.
"Aria!" My mother called me again. I looked up to see everyone's attention is on me.
"Are you okay?" My dad asked.
"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked nervously.
"You've been real quiet since we came back from the mall." Brandon said resting his hand on top of mines.
"I'm fine. Just a bit tired that's all." I said.
"Well you can sleep after you're finish eating every grain of noodle on that plate." My mom said and I looked at her with an 'mom!' face.
"Don't look at me like that." She said.
"Mom! I'm not...dad!" I called. Brandon, Scott and Selena was laughing.
"Betty, come on. Our daughter is back finally with us. Let her be at peace." My dad said.
"Thank you dad." I said and he stretched his hand and I leaned my head closer as he patted my head.
"Ha ha! You'll always be a daddy's princess." My mom said crossing her arms angrily. Since she was sitting between me and my dad we both leaned in and hugged her.
"Mom! You know we love you!" I said.
"You guys are crazy yet adorable." Scott said and we laughed.
"Since I was a kid. Mom and dad would always have competition so I'll have to choose between them. Dad would always win and mom would get jealous. So me and dad hug her and tickle her until we all have a tickle fight." I said remembering and laughing as well as my parents.
"Aww! Really?!" Brandon said laughing. Selena was also laughing as well as everyone else. I realize that Veronica was awake and laughing. It's as if she understands and are laughing.
"My darling little angel is awake. Mama's little girl is awake!" I said with the baby sound as she smiled and giggled more.
"Hey! She's a daddy's little girl." Brandon said.
"Hey! Is that an challenge?" I said crossing my arms.
"Oh it is." He said.
"Here they go again." Scott said. Me and Brandon kept on arguing until my parents, Selena and Scott looked at each other then got up and left.
"So thats why...." I cut of Brandon from his sentence.
"Where'd they go?" I asked and he shrugged. Me and Brandon then continued to eat.

*****
The Next Day....

Me, Brandon and Veronica was slept in my room while Selena slept in my parents room. Scott said he was okay sleeping on the sofa in the living room. Right now we are eating breakfast before leaving.
"You know Ria. Your mom and I went shopping the other day and we were so accustom buying your favorite fruity loops cereal that we brought two boxes of it forgetting you don't live with us again." My dad said and I laughed a little.
"Dad, I will be visiting you both, maybe a couple times for the week. Maybe I'll even stay the weekends here so...you both need to continue buying those things." I said smiling.
"Well we brought the usual two large boxes. Take one if you like." My mom said.
"I will." I said as I fed Veronica. After some time we left my parents home making sure to invite to the baby's party later this evening. After reaching home we went and changed and waited for some time before changing into our pretty clothes. Veronica was by Brandon's parents of course, they wanted to play with their granddaughter. I had absolutely nothing to do. The maids and decorators was all busy with work in the free open space in the backyard of the house by the pool. Brandon and Scott were keeping an eye on the decorating and so on. Neither of the wanted me to help they say it's a surprise. Selena was watching television so I decided to soak in my bathtub for the next two hours. I've hidden the pendant that the person who tried to murder me dropped that night, I honestly have to speak to Justin and Lesley at the party later. I took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly.

*****
Some Time Later...

I've finally finished soaking in my bathtub, I went inside my shower and then I came out from inside the bathroom. In fact I was wearing on my silk robe, I was infront of my make-up dresser. My wet hair let down over the front of my shoulders. I was so lost. I just can't help it but think back at the what happened when I went to look for that diary.
"Hey." I heard Brandon called walking in breaking me out of my thoughts.
"Hey." I said as he came behind me as I sat in front the mirror putting on some makeup.
"I got something for you." He said.
"What?" I asked confused. He then put out his hand to the side of my head as the same eagle pendant fell from his hand. He was still holding the chain part. How did he find it?! Shit! I'm gonna have to be honest now.
"I saw you looking at it. So I brought it for you." He said.
"Oh. It's really beautiful. Thank you so much." I said as he put it around my neck and I moved my hair to the front.
"You look so beautiful and didn't even put on the secret dress yet." Brandon said.
"I know. Now if you don't mind can I finish get ready? I've got my baby's party to attend and host." I said as we quick kissed and he left. As he closed the bedroom door I then sighed out relief. I have to finish this. I must find out the truth. And I promise I will do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment & share❤

A/N

Hey guys... I've updated. And I'm not sure I would tomorrow but I'll try. Tell your friends to follow me and also tell them about my stories. Also don't forget to click the star below and comment. Love you all till next time bye...😘✌❤