fifty-nine

Placing the electrocuting glove he had fastened from hardware at a local hardware store atop the guards head, Tony Stark activated it as a shock-wave was sent through the man, his unconscious body falling out of the chair and to the ground

As carefully as possible, he took the gun from the man's hand, looking up onto the eyes of the young woman laying on the couch, doped up to the max. She giggled at him, pointing finger guns as she pretended to shoot at the billionaire before falling back on the couch in a daze.

Tony was seriously beginning to question if this was the true location of the Mandarin that JARVIS had found.

Pushing the doors to the bedroom open as quietly as possible, Tony maneuvered his way inside with the gun raised and pointed ahead of him, ready for anything to pop out and attack him.

The room was littered with electrical equipment. Stereos, cameras, different sound stages, props, and backdrops. A TV in the corner was playing a rerun of the Mandarin's latest attack, the one that prompted President Ellis to send Rhodey into the Middle East on a man hunt. Around one of the backdrops was a queen sized bed, two bodies moving beneath the covers as Tony moved forward, ripping the comforter up his his gun pointed ahead of him.

Two women shot up in shock, barely covered in any clothes as they looked at Tony, slightly terrified but too drugged up to really understand the situation at hand. Tony cursed, quieting the girls as the toilet flushed in the bathroom, the billionaire moving behind the headboard to be ready.

"I wouldn't go in there for twenty minutes!" the man laughed as he walked out of the bathroom and over to a tray of food on the bedside table. Tony watched him with hard eyes: it was him, the Mandarin. "Now, which one of you is Vanessa?"

One of the girl's spoke up as he tossed food to her, laughing again as Tony cocked an eyebrow at his behavior.

"Did you know that fortune cookies aren't even Chinese!"

"There's a guy over here-"

"They're made by Americans based on a Japanese recipe-"

"Hey!" The Mandarin turned around with wide eyes, hands in the air as he faced Tony Stark, who now stood before him with a gun pointed in his face. "Don't move."

'Bloody hell, bloody hell...look, if you want something, take it. Although the guns are all fake cause those wankers wouldn't trust me with the real ones. Say, do you fancy either of the birds?"

"I've heard enough. You're not him," Tony loaded the gun, shoving it further into the man's face. "The Mandarin- WHERE IS HE! WHERE'S THE MANDARIN?"

The man before Tony ran across the room, dropping into a chair as Tony moved closer, standing over him with the gun to his face as he held his hands up.

"Okay, well, he's here...but he's not here. He's here, but he's not here. He's here-"

"What does that mean?"