Chp. 9

LONG Author's note (15/09/2019) will be deleted around (29/09/2019):

Hey guys, as promised, below are the things I have edited in the first 8 Chapters of Fair Deception - so you don't have to go back and re-read them (unless you want to read that particular info as it now appears in the book).

1. Naida is no more 

I have edited Naidia out of the book completely, as I realised she was a crappily written plot device rather than a proper character. I have, instead, combined Miranda and Naida's characters so Miranda is now Kalen's girlfriend and blonde, and a much more well-rounded character.
If you want to see how I have worked this into the book, re-read Chps. 1 & 2 - as these were the only chapters in the entire book where Naida was going to appear! Told you she was an accidentally crappy plot device.

2. Anastasia starts off as more of a pacifist

Towards the beginning of the book, Anastasia tries to use talking or non-violent methods to get herself out of sticky situations, rather than resorting to violence.
You can now see this during the fight in the club with Zeph (Chp. 2, II), when she fights the Unseelie in the woods (Chp. 4, II)  and briefly inside her kitchen(Chp. 6, I). However, in Chp. 8 she attacks the Unseelie in the back garden without trying to reason with it - that has not changed from the original.
The reason given for this pacifism is that Anastasia's parents raised her that way - to use intelligence, rather than violence to try and settle issues. It also links to the type of people they were.

3. Anastasia's family

I'm still drip-feeding information about Anastasia's parents into the book. However, the two edits I have put in are mainly about their belief that using intelligence rather than violence is the way forwards, but staying safe is the most important thing of all. 

In Chp. 3, II Jenna basically says that Anastasia's mum would have been proud of her for not fighting in the club and getting to safety instead.

In Chp. 4, II, Anastasia thinks the following, before she has to fight the Unseelie in Wepre Woods -  My dad would always say that, 'an intelligent mind can reason its way out of anything'.

Also, I've edited a few passages (especially in Chp. 6) to make it  clearer that Aunt Jenna is gay as I feel that it's important to mention it, but I'm trying to do it in a way that it doesn't become WHO she is as a character.  She was originally going to be Bi, but as I've gone back and re-edited the book I realise this is what I want for her character. I'm hoping that I'm walking an okay line here.

Okay, now, without further ado, here is Chapter 9...

___________________________________________

Gabriel and Miranda stepped out of the back door and joined the others staring at me

"I'm getting really fed up with Zeph's crappy minions," I said, as a way of explanation.