Royalty Or Loyalty

*2 weeks later*

Felix's POV:

"He's gone completely mad, Crow! Why didn't you tell me about the proposal that Elijah made to Luna!?"

I shouted at him while slamming my fist onto the balcony rail of my room. It's been several days since I last spoke to anyone, after hearing Elijah mention the marriage, I wasn't able to comprehend it! So I've stayed locked away in my room and had to think about what I should do. After that, I needed to talk to Crow one last time within these walls, he is the only one I could trust in this family now...

"How was I supposed to tell you? You were in no condition to handle any more stress on yourself. Also, Luna still hasn't agreed to marry him yet-"

I immediately cut off what Crow was trying to say as I began to approach him where he stood!

"As if Elijah will take no for a fucking answer! You know that our brother gets what he wants, I can't do it anymore! I won't stand by and let him keep taking Luna's sanity away."

I voiced out in anger as I looked at Crow's sorrowful eyes. It's been very clear to me that ever since Crow and Luna slept together there's been an attachment that Crow has to Luna. I'm not sure what it is, but it's unsettling for me.

"I think it's already too late, with every day that passes. Elijah hasn't given Luna much time to think about anything or even rest for that matter. It's been a month already since we last saw Luna, but for some reason, it feels longer than that."

"What do you mean it's too late?"

I questioned him...

"Felix, you should know already what I'm talking about. You should know what's going on in Luna's mind. Whenever I hear her voice, it's either crying out for Elijah or crying out...for either you or me...and she keeps apologizing. She's been stuck in the same room for weeks, unable to leave, unable to see or talk with any of us. So I'm sure her cries are for help, but there's nothing we can do-"

"Yes there is! I've been unable to listen to Luna's thoughts whenever my body is put through the trauma of what Elijah does to her! So I don't know what she's been thinking or feeling for these last few days. But whenever I do get the chance, her thoughts are always empty, as if she's completely alone within herself. It terrifies me, not knowing if Luna is okay or not?"

I don't think I even remember what Luna's heartbeat sounds like. As I said that, Crow took a deep breath in and took a seat on a nearby chair. Hunching himself over, he ran his fingers through his white hair...

"What do you plan on doing this time? Felix, please...don't do something that you'll regret. For the sake of the family name-"

I zoned out whatever Crow was saying once he brought up our family name, this whole time I've been holding the King's name over my shoulders and working hard to claim the throne. But once I realized that I couldn't have it, what the hell have I been doing this whole time? Fighting Elijah for the Crown, to rule this kingdom? No, I don't think I have what it takes to rule this kingdom. No matter how hard I trained, how much effort I put into following my father's footsteps. I could never be like him. And maybe, it's because I have half of my father's blood running through my veins. I'm not fully a King... but half just like my sister.

"The family name means nothing to me now. I will no longer wish to be Felix Kings, instead...I will take my mother's last name. 'Felix Knight Rose', that is who I am."

I strictly said to him, having Crow hear me say that made him quickly stand up! The shock on his face showed how worried he was becoming and it should. If anyone abandons the family name, they are immediately put to death. But I no longer cared anymore because I have something more important than I wish to protect-