Explain

Luna's POV:

"No, I wouldn't keep things from you," I answered him with hesitation.

Looking away, I felt Eli lean himself close to me...

"I gave you my word that I would no longer kill because I want you to trust me. However, why is it difficult for me to believe you right now?"

He said sounding upset, it was obvious that the way I answered him, he would be suspicious of me. But I can't tell him what happened between Felix and me! It would be a total disaster if he found out!

"It's not that I'm trying to keep secrets from you, I just need time-"

"Luna! You know what little patience I have, so tell me what you meant by, he's listening. Who are you talking about?"

He asked again, only this time he placed his hands on each side of the mattress, trapping me in his arms. He was really serious this time, so I cleared out my throat and tried to explain everything as calmly as I could. I'll tell him about what Crow told me, but I won't tell him anything about Felix taking me to the secret garden...

"Eli, I learned a bit about your family, that every one of you has a unique power-"

"Who told you this?"

Elijah quickly asked as he began to pull himself away from me. I was a bit nervous about telling him who it was, but I wanna try and be as loyal as I can...

"Crow did, but I wanted to know! I wanted to know more about you and this new family of yours. You never liked talking about yourself when we were together in the human world and I always wondered why? And on the day when you left, I find out that you were adopted. Why didn't you tell me anything about that?"

I finally asked him, though Eli continued to look the other way, avoiding my gaze. It was starting to annoy me!

"Eli can you please talk to me! I don't want this to happen again, you need to open up to me more!"

I demanded as I reached for his shoulder...

"What would have been the point if I told you? It wouldn't have changed anything, that human that adopted me had no idea how to raise a child. But then again, she wasn't raising any regular human child. In all my life, I never once acknowledged her as a mother. Even at a young age, I didn't love or have any compassion for her...I didn't know how to."

He explained as he turned himself around, scooting myself closer to him, I leaned my head near his broad back and placed both of my hands on each shoulder of his...

"The point would have been understanding you more, I want to know everything about you. Even when you were once human, I felt like I didn't know much of who you were. When did you find out you were adopted, Eli?"

I asked as I began rubbing his arms in a comforting pattern...

"I always knew I didn't belong in our old world, and everything made more sense once I overheard your mother and my adoptive guardian speak about me. Also, when Raven came into life at the age of 16, she explained who I was and what will happen to me. What was so amusing about that, was after she was done explaining everything to me. I wasn't afraid for my life nor did I even care, that most teens around my age would be shitting bricks if they were in my position. Believe it or not... that the only thing that I was concerned about, was you. Knowing that I will have to leave you one day and never see you again. It made my heart want to stop beating, so being with you was the only thing that made me feel human."

His words ran deep as he grabbed one of my hands. Turning his body around, he shifted his attention back towards me and I was able to notice the sadness in his eyes...