Part 67

After I finished with packing my clothes and makeup stuff inside my luggage, I went to my closet and check to see if I missed anything that I like to take it with me to Malaysia.

Christopher texted me a while ago that he's going to pick me up at my place for the double date with Athena and her boyfriend.

A few minutes later, I heard a car honk and I see to check if it was Chris and I was right.

Quickly I grab my coat and hop inside his car.

"I can't wait to meet her boyfriend." I clapped my hands with a smile plastered on my face.

He smirked with his eyes focused on the road, "You're more excited to meet her boyfriend than me?" He asked.

He is so annoying and cringy sometimes.

"Shut up." I hissed.

He giggled then my body electrified when his hand touched my thigh. He rested his hand on my thigh and the other one holding the steering wheel.

These passed few days, after we had sex. We are getting more closer and closer.

The intimacy that we shared is special and I wanna keep it forever.

When we arrived at the mall, we were holding hands while walking to meet the two couple that was waiting for us at a restaurant.

Like usual, everyone will stare at him because he's hot and what's new.

"Hey guys." I saw Athena waved at me with a bright smile.

"Hi." I smiled back and we introduced ourselves to Athena's boyfriend.

He is chubby but charming and he look decent.

"It's nice finally get to meet you Joshua." I smiled and he returned with a cute one.

He has dimples.

Christopher called the waiter to take our order and Athena started to talk about a new series that she's loving called the originals.

It's a vampire series that she and Joshua binge watched.

"So uhm...what else do you guys do other than binge watching a supernatural series?" Chris asked.

Athena raised a brow at Joshua and they exchanged smirks, well I don't even wanna go there.

"Let's not ask about that shall we?" I said and nudged Chris. He laughed and shrug.

Little shit.

....

Well, meeting Joshua was nice. He seems friendly and a good guy. Let's not talk about the weight problem, I mean he's not obese but he's a bit too chubby for a slim girl like Athena.

"Yo, your friend Athena has the worst taste ever." Chris said when the traffic lights turned red.

I hit his arm lightly and he giggled, "What? I mean a hot chick like her with a chubby dude. Man come on. If Joel is still alive."

I cut him off, "Chris can we not."

He raised his hands in defeat, "lo siento cariño." He said.

That was hot, "I wish you can teach me spanish." I said with my arms crossed.

He wrinkled his nose, when the traffic lights turned green. He drove and he glance at me, "Your mom is mexican right?"

I nodded, "Yeah."

"But your Spanish sucks." He said.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm aware of that, that's why I asked you to teach me Spanish."

He raised a brow at me, "You have that mexican blood in you. You can learn it yourself." He chuckled.

I sighed, "Fine." Jeez.

"I mean me and Joel when we were kids, we- we only speak a little bit of Spanish..so yeah.." I said.

His eyes softened then he gripped onto my thigh, "He's still alive you know, in your heart." He said.

I sighed and looked away, "I miss him every single day."

I couldn't feel his hand on my thigh anymore, I watched him as he turned the window down to let the wind in then turned it back up.

"Why?" I asked.

He sobbed, "I still feel guilty." He said.

That left a pain in my heart, he sounded so vulnerable and I wanted to hug him so bad.

"No stop blaming yourself. The cops got those guys and we're done now okay? It was that jerk's fault, not yours." I said then I slowly grab his hand to hold.

He nodded with a small smile.

"Joel deserves better." He took a deep breath.

"Yes he does but he's not here with us anymore. He's in a better place now please I hate seeing you like this." I said.

His eyes turned red and watery as he pulled over, "If I-"

I shushed him with a kiss, "Stop blaming yourself for Joel's death." I said.

He sighed then he pinched the bridge of his nose, "Do you wanna come with me?" He asked with his eyes shut.

"Where?"

"To the cemetery, I miss him too." He said.