•Four•

As I sit down in the chair across from the one I've sat in my entire life, I pull out the bottle of scotch from the desk drawer

As I sit down in the chair across from the one I've sat in my entire life, I pull out the bottle of scotch from the desk drawer. Nick places two glasses down on the desk, as he takes a seat across from me.

"No word on Caine. Looks like he's gone into hiding." Nick informs me as I pour the liquor into the glasses. My lip pulls up in disdain, "I want him found and placed into a holding cell downstairs." I grit as I feel my fingers tighten around the glass as I lift it to my mouth. I look over to Nick, he stares at me, not saying a word. "What?" I ask, leaning back into the chair.

"I'm just wondering if she's worth going to war with Dante." He says, tilting his head as he brings the glass to his lips. "What the fuck did you just ask?" I growl, sitting up as I glare at him.

"Why is this one so special?" He asks sitting up as he places his glass down on the desk. "Why her?" He scrunched his face as he stares at me with curiosity.

"Fuck Nick, she broke the fucking walls down. If anyone thinks they can keep her from me," I pick the bottle of scotch up and throw the bottle against the wall, it shatters on impact. I stare at the liquid, heaving as I watch it slide down the wall. I look to Nick's surprised face, "Dante has officially signed his death warrant. I will paint this world fucking red with his blood until I have her in my Goddamn arms." I seethe.

I love her. She is the love of my Goddamn life. She makes me want to be who I was. She's it for me.

"Ok. All that aside, what do you need me to do next?" He asks, sitting back. "Gather the men, it's time to address me taking over. We also need to keep an eye on those loyal fuckers who follow that bastard Caine. I need to weed out the rat bastards."

Nick stands, "Yes boss." He nods once and leaves. I know this is new for Nick. He's been with me my entire life. I've never shown any kind of interest in a woman before. So, declaring my love for Ray is unusual for him to see. He and the rest of the men need to realize, I'm not the same as I use to be. It's about time they see that.

Sitting back into my chair I let out a ragged breath, closing my eyes. God, I can't even imagine what she's feeling. What she is being forced to do? If she's even alive. A sharp pain floods my chest just thinking of her not being on this earth.

I shake my head, ridding myself of the thought. Dante isn't that stupid. Why the fuck would he hurt me to get back at Caine for his betrayal over drugs? That doesn't make sense. There's something I'm missing.

My phone rings, and I immediately pull it from my pocket seeing no caller ID flashing. I hesitate, as I press accept. Pulling the phone to my ear, "Damien." I announce.

Hearing a soft sigh, I quickly sit up. "Ray?" I ask, breathless. "God It feels so good to hear your voice." She says as relief floods my entire body. "God baby, fuck it feels good hearing your voice," I jadmit, closing my eyes.